crane mounted on 4x4 pickup ??

Brett

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought long and hard about this years ago, I ended up going down a different route buying a valtra instead but not because the landy crane is a bad idea.

Great for picking up timber on jobs and even small dismantles, lifting stems out of gardens over fences etc, plus if you deliver logs in bulk bags it would be ace, I was going to have a 110 landy with a toolbox behind the cab and a hiab behind that.....

I'm not 100% on this but if you reclassify this as a crane carrier does it not then exclude you from pulling a trailer?.

A guy I bought land rover parts from years back, put a digger on the chassis of his 90, but the flexing and twisting at reach split the chassis rails. Rover chassis's arent that great. - would need a subframe for the crane , therefore more weight

I'm not 100% on this but if you reclassify this as a crane carrier does it not then exclude you from pulling a trailer?.

A guy I bought land rover parts from years back, put a digger on the chassis of his 90, but the flexing and twisting at reach split the chassis rails. Rover chassis's arent that great. - would need a subframe for the crane , therefore more weight

Thats only if you reclassify it as a crane, you could just keep it PLG and its not a problem. The reason dedicated cranes can't tow is because they run on red. if you keep it as ply and run on white you can still tow..