Climbing kit

Otty

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and your shop, and when i last checked the harnesses were substantially more expensive than they were at the previously mentioned shop, along with the rest of the competition.

It's not all about price Billy, if price is your motivating factor then buy a cheapo harness.

If your willing to flame someone for the sake of a couple of quid on a £200 purchase then that is very sad.

Jonesie is very competetive and provides an outstanding service, he has on a coupe of occasions gone to the trouble of photocopying parts lists and mailing them to me FOC

He has also spent ours on the phone getting me a good deal on a knapsack sprayer from another dealer at no financial benefit to himself.

It's called good service mate and it's priceless.

I have spent 14 years trading in the harshest retail enviroment known to man dealing with thousands of customers a day mostly three at a time and ninety percent of those were "enquiries". You learn after a while to recognise timewasters as soon as they open their mouth who are price motivated not product quality or service.

There's no point buying something for a couple of quid less from someone who will turn their back on you the moment theres a problem.

Unless you have personally dealt with any of the retailers on here I would refrain from flaming them, it's grossly unfair and ruins a reputation that has been hard earned.

Me and hundreds of others on here have found Justins prices perfectly ok.

Retailers can't price check every item they retail and how many retailers do you know that will put on a show free of charge for your benefit has he has done last week spending no doubt hundreds of his own time on it

Justin you don't need to justify your price to anyone if they don't like they can lump it, You and your team are probably one of the most helpful lot i've met and that gets alot of respect from me because IMO thats a rareity these days. Keep up the good work:thumbup1:

chill out guys i didn;t flame anyone i simply said 1 company was substantially cheaper than the competition last time i purchased gear further enquiries were made so i elaborated, hardly flaming.

I'm no time waster and don't skimp on gear i'll buy what i determine to be the best from experience, other local people and opinions on here and other sites, but when i'm buying the best i also want it at the cheapest possible price. being a "poor student". It was a EKN/Skylotec Kolibri harness btw

I also think its excellent that Jonsie comes on the forums and gives out free advice and pics and info on fresh products, However it is a simbiotic relationship.

Anyway as things seem to have been confused I don;t deny that FR Jones and son is a great shop who carry loads of stock and are friendly and helpful.

I think as mentioned earlier it was the exchange rate and rapdily declining economy together with unfortunate timing of buying stock that caused the wild fluctuations in price that i was just in time to exploit:biggrin: