how much do you think your worth???

desired_affect

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter we all now with your over inflated prices you never get any work :001_tt2:

Specially with that rusty old cut and shut truck of your lol:thumbup1:

My strategy of charging £1000 a day and only working one day a week is paying off handsomely i'll have you know!

At least it will when someone gives me some work!

My strategy of charging £1000 a day and only working one day a week is paying off handsomely i'll have you know!

At least it will when someone gives me some work!

it is possible peter but they have to be the right jobs, unfortunately there just doesnt seem many of them about:sad::laugh1:

i think if i was working as a subby climber using my own climbing gear , saws from my ms200 - ms880 , pluss a lowering kit i would expect no less than 250 a day

What difference does that make if your no good? Not saying you are no good:001_tongue: Sometimes you'll get that as a one off, but to be getting that everyday?

I guess what desired effect is asking is what our skills are truly worth, not what equipment you can bring to the party. Most good companies that will be getting the majority of big jobs will already have most of the kit, organise cranes etc, what they don't always have is the skilled climber so what the climbers experience and ability is worth is more relevent imo.

I pride myself on safety and quality not speed, sure some can do it quicker than me but can they do it as good and safe, not always. Does this make me i worth less than a fast climber? The fact is i'm happy i always have work and good work so i cannot grumble even though i wish i could charge a higher rate.

I feel i should be on 150-160 minimum a day the reality is not so and the exceptional climbers of which there are very few should be on over 200 a day.

I am happy I earn enough to have a fairly comfortable living doing something i really enjoy that in itself is worth a lot, its my future that is not so clear cut i can't garantee what will happen I have aspirations we'll just wait and see, it would be nice to earn a higher rate to safe gaurd my future as i doubt i'll be a viable commercial treeworker past my fifties.

only the actual job can warrant what you put on it imo. if it is only a 20quid job then do 3-4 a day. big companies had to start somewhere, usually on the back of a good climber, your demand increases so to satisfy your demand you have get kit+staff, but it all comes down to the name and reputation of the founder.

Edited by Stephen Blair