Farmers take milk off shelves at large supermarkets Re price of milk

mendiplogs

Hi Richard tell me I'm all ears mate thanks Jon

I don't know the figures but they are not small the £28000 the people are talking about aren't making them rich I do know that much.

Point I'm making is if the farmers did not have the subsides the cost of food would shoot up miles.

Benefit street would really need their benefits then!!!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the figures but they are not small the £28000 the people are talking about aren't making them rich I do know that much.

Point I'm making is if the farmers did not have the subsides the cost of food would shoot up miles.

Benefit street would really need their benefits then!!!

Hi Richard the average farmer with only 500 Arces is not making a lot on subsidies it's a massive people with 5000 Arces that are making loads and other things on the go like Solar panels in the fields thanks Jon

Hi Richard the average farmer with only 500 Arces is not making a lot on subsidies it's a massive people with 5000 Arces that are making loads and other things on the go like Solar panels in the fields thanks Jon

Yes mate that's right my dad has sold 300 or so acres and has 200 left. The subsides don't go far I do know that.

How tenant farmers manage I don't know

I see that but how do you propose giving the backing to the small farmers(sub 500 acres) they would simply go out of business without them.

The big landowners may simply give up and let the countryside go to ruin as they will not want to farm(produce) without the subsidies.

And what about the general public do you think they want to pay the true price of the food they eat? I for 1 don't think they would like to pay full price.

To look at it another way if the price of food was to double(or more) how would the poorest in the country cope?

I see that but how do you propose giving the backing to the small farmers(sub 500 acres) they would simply go out of business without them.

The big landowners may simply give up and let the countryside go to ruin as they will not want to farm(produce) without the subsidies.

And what about the general public do you think they want to pay the true price of the food they eat? I for 1 don't think they would like to pay full price.

To look at it another way if the price of food was to double(or more) how would the poorest in the country cope?

Hi Richard your right there the very large land owners are doing ok it the small farmer less then 1000 acres thanks Jon

Hi Richard your right there the very large land owners are doing ok it the small farmer less then 1000 acres thanks Jon

Jon, I'm getting a little bit board with this now!

I'm sure you know me well, I've stayed at your place, you've stayed at mine, so close enough friends!:thumbup:

A few years ago I'd had enough of working in drainage, so I had this great idea that I would rent a yard and do logs:001_rolleyes:......... Bad idea! I couldn't compete with the 'Big boys'..... They'd got all the gear, I'd got no idea.:001_rolleyes:

In the end I packed in the logs because it didn't pay the bills...... Why should farming be any different?

Jon, I'm getting a little bit board with this now!

I'm sure you know me well, I've stayed at your place, you've stayed at mine, so close enough friends!:thumbup:

A few years ago I'd had enough of working in drainage, so I had this great idea that I would rent a yard and do logs:001_rolleyes:......... Bad idea! I couldn't compete with the 'Big boys'..... They'd got all the gear, I'd got no idea.:001_rolleyes:

In the end I packed in the logs because it didn't pay the bills...... Why should farming be any different?

Hi EGGS IT because all the subsidies or most of the subsidies are not going to true farmers they're going to massive landowners or on land bankers and the farmers are just been ripped off by massive supermarkets I know one chap who owns a large farm he was given one price for is beef then suddenly all of a sudden they cut is price right down and he was making no money at all so sold up there a great difference between buying in 1000 ton hard wood say £40)50k in hard wood and £30k in processor when there is farmers out there that have millions of pounds invested thanks EGGS JON

Without government assistance prices would go up and in turn wages would go up and if the large farms decided they did not want to be in the farming business any more they could sell out to everyone else that wanted to in the first place.

O and the best part the takers would finally have a reason to complain since the alternative would be starvation followed by room or outside body temp.

The makers would not have to rely on supporting the takers since most of them could actually contribute to society in some positive way instead of leaching off the system. It could happen, let's hope voluntarily as opposed to by force.

easy-lift guy