Holder A60 forestry tractor

GlobalNewark

ive used one a fair bit, not mine though. great for moving about first thinnings with winch on and very low impact, some have different front loaders on ive noticed a lot, cab is cramped to be honest but if looked after they should be fine only clutch and pto clutch have been done on one ive used

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reduction hubs aren't available any more so make sure they are topped up with oil, the front gear box oil needs to be changed regularly as the pto clutch is oil immersed. The injection pump also has a bit of oil in it, mine was full of rusty Gunge!

The door contacts the tyre on full steering so the door bottom windows are very often missing or replaced with tin.

Put some pics up for us:thumbup:

The reduction hubs aren't available any more so make sure they are topped up with oil, the front gear box oil needs to be changed regularly as the pto clutch is oil immersed. The injection pump also has a bit of oil in it, mine was full of rusty Gunge!

The door contacts the tyre on full steering so the door bottom windows are very often missing or replaced with tin.

Put some pics up for us:thumbup:

The reduction hubs are still available, I've just replaced one. South Cave Tractors are the UK dealers now and can get parts pretty quickly.

Couldn't say I'm afraid - call Mark at South Cave, he's really helpful! I tried (and failed) to order bits through Lamberhurst at first. They had a helpful bloke who's name I didn't get who had fantastic mechanical knowledge of these machines, but nobody ever came back to me from parts even though I must have phoned half a dozen times. South Cave are relatively new to Holder and don't have as much product knowledge but they are really helpful, and subsequently had the best part of 2k worth of business off me.

Do you know if A55 bits are still available I need an articulation ball joint and clutch disc.

Bits are available for just about everything if you have a particular problem part then I do have a direct contact at the factory in Germany so long as you have the specific part number. As for Lamberhurst there a waste of space.

The reduction hubs are still available, I've just replaced one. South Cave Tractors are the UK dealers now and can get parts pretty quickly.

Ooh brilliant that's great to know, it just goes to show!

I'm after a side cowling for the steering column as the previous owner lost mine! :lol: I will pay very good money as it's the only bit missing from mine hint hint:lol:

Where are you based monkey business? I have a workshop manual if you need any info, I have planned to show my restoration on here but not got round to it yet. I have put it on you tube if you search holder a60

Thanks again rich

Bits are available for just about everything if you have a particular problem part then I do have a direct contact at the factory in Germany so long as you have the specific part number. As for Lamberhurst there a waste of space.

Hi john I have a parts book if you need it, there is one online as well

Where are you based? As I would like to see another

Do you know if A55 bits are still available I need an articulation ball joint and clutch disc.

Hi I replaced the ball joint on mine with a pattern part. They are called spherical bearings and any good bearing supplier should be able to supply.

As for the clutch I took it to a local clutch relining place and he sorted it, I can send the details if you want or are local to Dorset ?

When you split it it's worth replacing the needle bearings in the props shafts and giving it a good grease up:thumbup:

Hi john I have a parts book if you need it, there is one online as well

Where are you based? As I would like to see another

I am based in Lancs. My Holder is a little A15 which is very handy for doing woodland paths etc. In the market for an A50 or A60 Agri spec to replace a useless MF550.