Saw blades

MattyF

We use double hard Woodmizer blades, no problem cutting oak, ekki, green heart etc (well they last a few mtrs on the green heart and Eki) but can't fault them. The biggest tip I could give is once there used let them rest before you do anything to them. At least 24hrs then you can re sharpen set etc

top tip,,Ive tried woodmizer and ripper, and to be honest, not alot in it, but you cant sharpen the rippers on the woodmizer sharpening jig,,,well you can but cant get the setting right without snapping the teeth.

Yes we found out the worst way, the ripper teeth just ping off! Shows the difference in the metal ones more rigid than the other. But I do agree not a lot in those 2 but as we have Woodmizer industrial setter and sharpeners, I think we have made our bed lol

I'd recommend the Woodmizer blades over Ripper37. I've got a fairly even split between the two on the Logmaster and the Woodmizer blades tend to perform just slightly better and they are cheaper. I'm on Silvertip blades as it's the only one that will fit the mill.

Has anyone tried using M42 blades on a mobile mill? I use them on my workshop bandsaw and they are far more cost effective because of their longer life. They also cope well with the odd bit of metal...

I use them on the chainsaw mounted bandsaw. In a clean bit of green oak I can get slightly faster cutting from a fresh standard thin band, but the M42 just goes on and on, never snaps and sharpens back up if it gets a bit dull. I have three of them running in rotation and am very pleased.

Alec