lawn feed ?

miker

what is the best feed out there for a stressed lawn,this is new turf laid in april on very poorly prepared ground, it has gone yellow, i have not watered it as i have found in the past this can make it worse, ie roots coming to surface.

Im at a bit of a loss what to do, so any help will be greatly appreciated

cheers mike

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of water.

Perhaps a light sprinkle would make the roots come up but never heard or had that. I used to maintain gear for a couple of turf suppliers/ layers and occasionally give them a hand. Last thing they would say to their customer was "water it well". Not enough water and letting it dry out will cause shrinkage as I am sure you know.

what is the best feed out there for a stressed lawn,this is new turf laid in april on very poorly prepared ground, it has gone yellow, i have not watered it as i have found in the past this can make it worse, ie roots coming to surface.

cheers mike

Water water water if its still yellow remove or spread 1 part sand to two parts loam and over turf. We took on a job another firm messed up and over turfed it with great success i was sceptical at first but its come really well:001_smile:

Water water water if its still yellow remove or spread 1 part sand to two parts loam and over turf. We took on a job another firm messed up and over turfed it with great success i was sceptical at first but its come really well:001_smile:

Heard of two layers laid from day one, when there is no soil. Used sometimes as a quick fix for new estate houses with a garden of rubble. Never seen the results but presumably it works although it might dry out a bit quicker than normal.

Heard of two layers laid from day one, when there is no soil. Used sometimes as a quick fix for new estate houses with a garden of rubble. Never seen the results but presumably it works although it might dry out a bit quicker than normal.

Ive recently completed a job where there was two layers on sub soil so makes sense

cheers mike

Did you put any feed on when it was first Turfed ? Normally I put feed onto soil before laying Turf down and you can not water it enough .

Ste

the turf wasnt laid by me,ive just got the contract to maintain the grounds,i have got just about everything possible emerging through the turf,half bats,concrete,plastic,bits of arris rail etc,

Just found out that the turf has been watered,but what appears to be happening on closer inspection is some grass is very green and long where as the rest is green but not as green as the long stuff, giving the impression that the other grass is yellow, if that makes sense.

the " yellow " grass also appears to be in straight lines ie squares so i reckon there is some kind of footing/shed base/old structure underneath the ground, could do with an aeriel photo i think

cheers for replies, im going to up the watering