cs100 not pulling brash!

Big T

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't Worry, it'll fine when the blades are all good. I had the same issue when I first got my second hand one but on inspection the blades seemed relatively sharp. Turns out they'd been sharpened on only one side. Ensure correct angles on BOTH sides of each blade.

Think we got OE from Orange Plant for just over £100. Recently, after 12/14 hrs of total chipping on an otherwise new CS, the choke lever has started vibrating itself on. A spring has sorted it but the first we knew was when it was struggling to fully rev. I heard the same Vanguard engine, used elsewhere had the same problem. Agree with the view to reverse blades after 12 hrs as it certainly tailed off, mine after 10.

Not sure about the vibration but the gap between blade and metal should be 1mm. If the blades are sharp, bearings greased then ask your dealer to check it out. It could also be that the blades are out slightly? Causing vibration but there's so many bolts securing them I just don't know whether that would be the cause. Replace the bolts and grease when you get them sharpened. Oh it could be poor sharpening, so they weigh differently on the drum as they've been buggered up so one side is narrower than the other, this would cause vibration. Hope this helps a it and good luck

Big T i had the same problem with my Greenmech GMR100 (the fore runner to the CS100) and new blades were the answer as the original blades were sharpened beyond their 'service limit' and sharpened unevenly. New blades meant better chipping performace and the vibrations have been banished.

• 1 month later...

Just changed my blades over on mine. Chips all the small stuff fine. Pulls them out of your hands. But struggles a bit on the bigger stuff. Would this mean the anvil gap in slightly too big/small? Looks to me like the gap is what its supposed to be and chips look normal.

Just changed my blades over on mine. Chips all the small stuff fine. Pulls them out of your hands. But struggles a bit on the bigger stuff. Would this mean the anvil gap in slightly too big/small? Looks to me like the gap is what its supposed to be and chips look normal.

Tbh it would be pretty hard to get the gap any smaller without the blades catching the anvil, what do you mean by bigger stuff,3"plus? Dead stuff won't go through that well either ime

I would say 2.5" and bigger and you have to help push it through. Blades are on their third sharpen so have put the shim in. I chipped a dead Walnut a few months ago and it ruined a near new set. Was like chipping concrete looking at the blades afterwards! Good little machines these but I would say the running costs are not good compared to getting a 6" fed chipper. Blades are expensive and don't last very long, takes a long time to chip a pile and still have a pile of brash to take away as gets contaminated with general crap on the floor.