Chipper hydraulic oil

humpo48

Cool, the only reason I am asking its my chipper has only done 100hrs in 2 years so changing oil every year might be a bit over the top? Have no issues changing filter every year, just really want to know realistically how long the hydraulic oil could last on a very well cared for chipper? The rest of the chipper is serviced well.

What is the ISO rating of the oil what prefix and suffix? Get to know the info, why do the manufacturer recommend? In short if it is clean and there no condensation issues then extend your service intervals

What does the oil look like when you remove it?

If you really want to know if it is necessary send a sample off for testing,and open up the filter....

That way you can amend your service schedule to suit,

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk while dossing!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have 2 TW125s both from brand new 2/3yrs old now, i look after them better than the service intervals they provide. For a few quid for extra oil and filters its not worth not doing it in my eyes. They our out working hard day in day out without them we would be in trouble. Got to look after the tools that earn you money.

We have 2 TW125s both from brand new 2/3yrs old now, i look after them better than the service intervals they provide. For a few quid for extra oil and filters its not worth not doing it in my eyes. They our out working hard day in day out without them we would be in trouble. Got to look after the tools that earn you money.

Not disputing it, had mine 12 years now. So can't be neglecting it too badly.

Not disputing it, had mine 12 years now. So can't be neglecting it too badly.

I think alot of people dont even think it check let alone change hydraulic fluid in a chipper. Sort of dont no why i bother so much as they get replaced with new every 5yrs anyway. Unless you have a leak in it, your unlikely to overheat it in the UK so the system would work for its whole life time really after the first change from new.

• 7 months later...
Iso 32 i think white noise. I was thinking of doing mine on the jensen

What really will happen if it doeant get done? I doubt id see a lack of performance

if you didn't change the oil and filters when the oil starts to pick up condensation and the additives break down you could get foaming and this may cause cavitation which in turn could cause metal to become dislodged then this could restrict the filters then this would lead to the filter bypassing which would lead to excessive wear and so on but i would very much doubt that a chipper hydraulics would be under much stress