Forwarding on sensitive sites

Had the pleasure of Chris Howard's company today at the wood (CHC on Arbtalk) with his new AGT alpine tractor and 3 ton timber trailer.

He very professionally extracted loads of Ash timber for me leaving hardly a mark on the woodland floor.:thumbup:

Chris hires himself out with his machines if anyone is in need of his services. The AGT is particularly well suited to wet and sensitive sites where standard tractors cause a lot of damage.

He is also a top bloke and gets the idiot thumbs up from me:thumbup::thumbup:

A few piccies:

IMAG0208.jpg.136d1dd922c45ea1b5d72cbade5b656d.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg.037acdd08347e71c65eba4c379f7bfde.jpg

IMAG0213.jpg.1d595b5f6f9d6bc05826facf328073a8.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg.8f9b6fa3f24cd73e697647d88ab35459.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg.c15c3d8dd742f9f14d246459b2df71c1.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a cracking set up he has there , would be ideal for me :thumbup1: I better get saving !!

Yeah, I was really impressed. He crams a lot of timber onto that trailer, and it is the 50hp AGT rather than the more common (in my experience) 35hp model so he has that bit of extra oomph.

I would love that set up too but don't have the testicles to take the plunge. Chris is coming back later this summer to help me with some more loads :thumbup1:

They look a bit Mickey Mouse but punch well above their weight. The crane can lift some hefty stems. They can also get into awkward places. I have a small bridge linking the two halves of the woodland. It is only 6 foot wide but the tractor and trailer sailed over it. The only other extraction route is a long haul round on the road.

You also get the reversible driving position, great for mowing or using a 3pl forklift. It takes about 10 seconds to switch the seat and steering console. On my old Carraro it takes about 10 minutes and at least 6 skinned knuckles!

Do you know how much he shifted from ground to stack in a day?

That day I only shifted about 10 ton there was a lot of talking and showing of the machine and all that but depending on how far away the stack is from where the timber is and how easy it is to pick up the timber I can shift round about 20ton a day but would be more if the stack was closer

Nice set up and tidy job.

Sorry don't want to derail original tread.

Just out of interest what do you think you can lift with crane-We have a similar set up with BCS/kilworth trailer. Just did a nice job on similar size timber (sadly cut to random lengths-not by us :cursing:) and was great as we could fit between rows without cutting racks.

Only thing Im think is if I should stick some wheel weights on tractor, we have a dry site but a chalky slope to pull some 12' larch out and struggling for grip a bit. Maybe powered trailer next :001_smile:

Btw agree that hauling distance def slows things down, I've roaded a couple of loads home locally, but its a bit scary and roads round here are worse than forest tracks