Infraction warnings

Logsnstuff

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm well aware you don't like swearing even though it's a trade forum aimed at adults. You have missed the point that the fact the warning was for calling someone a troll when his posts read that way to me that makes him a troll the fact your mod reads it a different way doesn't change this.

I'm well aware you don't like swearing even though it's a trade forum aimed at adults. You have missed the point that the fact the warning was for calling someone a troll when his posts read that way to me that makes him a troll the fact your mod reads it a different way doesn't change this.

it wasn't for calling him a troll, it was for your use of foul mouthed, aggressive language

read the forum rules, if you don't like it, leave

easy

It is not unreasonable to expect members to keep a civil tone, sure we can all let fly in the real world, but as when you are with a client, you moderate your words, I believe that is the issue, there are plenty of words you could use so as not to infringe on forum rules, and still make your feelings known.

What's the point in getting people's backs up anyway? Move on, your knuckles were rapped, you made it a public issue!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk while dossing!

I think the point here is your choice of language i.e. swearing.

Allso i think you need to take into account that others might not be offended by what you describe as trolling. Yes that person can be direct and straight to the point and i think sometimes it comes across wrong.But i prefer to have conversation with people that are direct to the point at least you can tell them what you think with out upsetting them. Most of the time anyway

I cam see how you feel I too fell into that trap a few years ago reading people's comments can come across as rude,aggressive, argumentative or down right obnoxious but if you had the conversation in person the tone of the conversation would probably be quite different. let it go relax we know you mean well and I know you just got wound up by someone hitting a nerve.

yes that happened to me - my very first post

read it it's not just for swearing, you may wish to give these people authority over your thinking I don't, rap my knuckles hardly I'm not in school and they are not my teachers or parents. you want to defend these trolls that fine I have had pm of support on my comments too not everyone wants to open themselves up to abuse by posting on the forum. the person I insulted does it all the time but he donates so can't ban him

Dear Logsnstuff,

You have received an infraction at Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)

-------

Hello,

Your post on the DIY Firewood thread calling another member a troll and professional arsehole are not acceptable. Please re-read the forum rules and try and stick to them.

Paul

-------

This infraction is worth 3 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,

Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists