Going to take up some carp any tips on kit thanks

mendiplogs

That sounds really good Jon

One more thought - I reckon don't buy too much gear, nothing worse than humping loads of tackle around. If you're barbel fishing you need to be mobile. I love the freedom you get from that. Its worth having a look at Chris Yates book, 'How to Fish' or watch him on TV. Hes really into watching the river or lake and the fish. Hes not much interested in tackle, interesting character.

Hi two thanks for heads on Chris Yates he very intersteding chap I like the he fish so thanks for that two all so what rod would say to get thanks Jon

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the size of waters your after for the carp. 2.75lb test curve rods will be ideal for most. Free spirt do some great rods quality carbon at a decent price. A reel with free spool facility. Don t think you get much bad gear out there now as its only made in a few places in China just different brands. I used to be in the tackle industry as my dad ran one of the largest shops in the uk. Been out of the industry for a while as he sold the business to run a fishery in Norfolk but still involved in that.

Depending on the size of waters your after for the carp. 2.75lb test curve rods will be ideal for most. Free spirt do some great rods quality carbon at a decent price. A reel with free spool facility. Don t think you get much bad gear out there now as its only made in a few places in China just different brands. I used to be in the tackle industry as my dad ran one of the largest shops in the uk. Been out of the industry for a while as he sold the business to run a fishery in Norfolk but still involved in that.

Hi tree I've been looking at the greys prodigy I will only be going local to try get back into it the last reel I got was Shimano 5010gt now that's years old will one like that be ok now if I try find a good one thanks Jon

5010 great reels got three for my barbel fishing set up. For carp rods I would recommend the equivalent size to the old 8010/6010. That size spool diameter matches better to the size ring set up found on carp rods.

Hi tree I'm only going to do light carp work tree I do see what mind about ring size I'm looking to use light kit if I can there's up 15)20lb in our local lake thanks Jon

5010 great reels got three for my barbel fishing set up. For carp rods I would recommend the equivalent size to the old 8010/6010. That size spool diameter matches better to the size ring set up found on carp rods.

Hi tree I no of a mint 5010 what nice one worth thanks Jon

Hi tree I no of a mint 5010 what nice one worth thanks Jon

Good morning Jon

Have a look at the shimano fighting drag reels. I have a couple and they are great little reels.

Mine must be over 20 years old and never had a problem with them. Writing a bit worn but it looks like s or 5 GT 3000X

Basicly they have a lever that is a quick drag realease. You can have your drag set fairly tight and quickly release line if the fish make a run. I keep the levers off to take the place of a baitrunner system. Much prefer them to baitrunners, they certainly fit in with light tackle

Good morning Jon

Have a look at the shimano fighting drag reels. I have a couple and they are great little reels.

Mine must be over 20 years old and never had a problem with them. Writing a bit worn but it looks like s or 5 GT 3000X

Basicly they have a lever that is a quick drag realease. You can have your drag set fairly tight and quickly release line if the fish make a run. I keep the levers off to take the place of a baitrunner system. Much prefer them to baitrunners, they certainly fit in with light tackle

Hi Cornish what think I will have to pay for a 5010 thanks Jon