Timberpro products

rob39

Got one - 62cc 20" Bar. Works fine, AND other week (don't know how it happened, hanging on lanyard and non-locking krab ......... now using locking krab on the saw..........) - it dropped off the lanyard from 22 ft up - straight down Bar 1st - luckily into soft peat buried itself a foot in - still king out the ground like Excalibur! ........... still works fine! It may be Chinese, it may be a copy ......... works fine......... still working oh yeah it's cheap too!

Dont sit on the fence TCD tell it like it is man ! :biggrin:

Stubby don't tell anyone but I dont think TCD is a fan

I wanted a split shaft machine multitool for use in my field/wood after work on the way home by car. I looked at a Km 130 but the bits I wanted came to over £1100. Being carefull lets say I ended up with a timber tech( probably the same machine as the timber pro) which has a lot more power for 1/7 the price of the stihl. It will obviously not last as long but it outperforms my 40 cc straight shaft stihl strimming with 4 mm precut square line. Vibration is a bit higher than the Stihl and the carb mounting bolts came loose so watch that, also I did knock off and lose the chain oil cap so not 100% reliable. Chainsaw attachment has cut up to 5 or 6 inch oak and ash with no issues. Keep the chain sharp and its fine. It all gets a bit heavy with the 1 metre extension but worth having.

For an occasional user like me it is a very usefull tool for little money.

If it doesn't rain it pours, or you can wait for a bus for hours the 2 come at once. Just been handed a Timberpro 58cc 20" saw for nothing (lucky me guy just bought himself a husq) and a work colleague handed in an unwanted trueshopping raptor 58cc saw 20". Both have original cheap bar/chain. Just wondering if oregon Bars are an easy fit??? want to cut the bar size down to 16"

If it doesn't rain it pours, or you can wait for a bus for hours the 2 come at once. Just been handed a Timberpro 58cc 20" saw for nothing (lucky me guy just bought himself a husq) and a work colleague handed in an unwanted trueshopping raptor 58cc saw 20". Both have original cheap bar/chain. Just wondering if oregon Bars are an easy fit??? want to cut the bar size down to 16"

Husky small mount if it is the same as mine which it almost certainly is.

Gave the saws the once over today. Both started 1st time. gave the chains a good sharpen. The casings aint the best but both saws took down some damaged Alder (about 18" dia) with out much hassle. They moved well up the tree de limbing quite easy to operate. Cutting lengths for splitting also fairly easy. Prefer the raptor over the timber pro but both impressed. Oregon bar chain on the raptor worked well. The Timberpro bar pants. Local farmer brought his Husq 455 to do the same and to be honest their appeared to be little difference to the raptor. He also had an Einhell 41cc. Certainly better than the Raptor and again did a good job overall. Raptor and Einhell very pleased with and dealt with a multiple of tasks and are capable saws. Would I want to use one every day No but for coppicing and land owner work yes. Might have some work over winter (see separate post) so I'm looking at getting a Husq 455 for this