Posch 360 processor - is there anything better?

arboriculturist

The time is approaching to change the processor - no issues just not keen to have the main machine older than 3 years.

TCT circular blades have been excellent - Practically zero maintenance just swap blade every 200 tonne of throughput.

I must say maintaining a bar and chain processor is not an attractive thought.

Wilsons Machinery always seem to give you a great deal when you trade in for a new machine and their after sales has always been faultless in my opinion.

I am inclined to stay with a Posch unless anyone thinks a change of machine make would be worthy of serious consideration.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

360 is the dogs dangly bits.perfect for 12 inch logs and with log deck you will never need to touch a log by hand again.......dream ends .:thumbup:

That's my thoughts exactly. :thumbup1:

Time spent building good relationships with suppliers generally pays off - decent straight sub 12" timber arriving and with the log deck fed with the 360 and grab, the Posch can produce impressive meterage with zero downtime.

The time is approaching to change the processor - no issues just not keen to have the main machine older than 3 years.

TCT circular blades have been excellent - Practically zero maintenance just swap blade every 200 tonne of throughput.

I must say maintaining a bar and chain processor is not an attractive thought.

Wilsons Machinery always seem to give you a great deal when you trade in for a new machine and their after sales has always been faultless in my opinion.

I am inclined to stay with a Posch unless anyone thinks a change of machine make would be worthy of serious consideration.

Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Hi quite agree about tct blades had mine sharpened last July still going well haveing done 600 tonnes ,this is how it has performed for the last 4 years.

Used wilsons myself when they were the palax dealers back in the 90s and had similar good service,Only left when they gave up palax then went to caladonian also I find them very good as well,just traded for another palax.

The posch seems very popular wilsons sell a lot of them, but for a tct blade machine there is limited choice,Posch ,Palax, Fuelwoods new one Hakki pilkies

copy of the palax 100,or I think some of the big americn ones have blades .

If you like the posch and get the right deal and service from wilsons then stick with it,tell john your looking at others and get a better deal.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Just an observation from a couple of shows but I thought the Posch models were a bit slow. From videos the Tajfun looks way quicker. Sure you would have to sharpen the blades but that's 10-20 mins at the end of the day but if it saved a couple hours who cares. Problem with all demos is they are always processing gun barrel straight wood the likes of which I have never seen. Time is lost in the processing of less than perfect material.

Amazed you guys have had such good experience with Wilsons. The Posch splitter was on my shortlist but they needed endless hasling to get back to me with info so gave up on them in the end.

Edited by Woodworks

Hi quite agree about tct blades had mine sharpened last July still going well haveing done 600 tonnes ,this is how it has performed for the last 4 years.

Used wilsons myself when they were the palax dealers back in the 90s and had similar good service,Only left when they gave up palax then went to caladonian also I find them very good as well,just traded for another palax.

The posch seems very popular wilsons sell a lot of them, but for a tct blade machine there is limited choice,Posch ,Palax, Fuelwoods new one Hakki pilkies

copy of the palax 100,or I think some of the big americn ones have blades .

If you like the posch and get the right deal and service from wilsons then stick with it,tell john your looking at others and get a better deal.

Hope this helps

Chris.

Wow 600 tonnes on one sharpening!

I think Wilson's are keen to retain their customers, so John may trim his margins a touch ( although they now have Simon Munro who negotiates a lot of sales).

Hoping to get a few more replies on machines you have mentioned - pros and cons etc.

Thanks again. :001_smile:

Just an observation from a couple of shows but I thought the Posch models were a bit slow. From videos the Tajfun looks way quicker. Sure you would have to sharpen the blades but that's 10-20 mins at the end of the day but if it saved a couple hours who cares. Problem with all demos is they are always processing gun barrel straight wood the likes of which I have never seen. Time is lost in the processing of less than perfect material.

I agree the shows will always want straight softwood to process because it shows there machine off well ,would you be impressed with them stuggling with big flares that won t go through or bent and twisted stuff slowing it down.

I think the tajfun has a problem with the oil pipe,maybe thats been modified now also one chap on here reckons to use a chain every 10 to 20 tonnes,maybe I have missunderstood him but thats chucking away a chain a day.

Cheers Chris