Loose cubic meters from artic of beech

Tomatin Firewood

If most of the cord you buy is green i would agree that 1.5 as an average is right.

Try and leave the cord in the wood as long as pos. Anything thats cut by a harvester and had bark stripped would loose 10% of its weight in 3 months. Thats an extra 10% of cord hitting the deck in my yard.

It amazes me how many people don't ask for a weight ticket mind you i learned the hard way.

Yeah, sod the cutter, as long as they lose out you gain...:thumbdown:

My face would drop if that load arrived here!

What processor do you have that will cope with those shapes?

Thanks for posting images though, always good to see.

Agreed, that is the messiest load I've ever seen, horrendous.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buying by volume has never appealed to me.Stacking a timber lorry is an art. Very easy to take up space. Buy by weight everyone nows where they are.

Not everyone, you can't demand more for drier roundwood so selling water is where it's at. Someone needs to invent a laser lorry timber scanner, get rid of tonnage system once and for all. Then the rates can reflect the species and timber sizes where necessary.

That sort of wood goes to Dave the log, he will take any log wood no matter what it is and is screaming at me for more of it. He has a couple of lads that will have that lot split and on the pile in half a day, no processor on site they will just attack everything in front of them.Dave does very well out of it :) Straight small diameter timber goes elsewhere, we find buyers for all of it.

Bob

Hi Ive had sfew loads like that ,but at the right money .A lot of it can be made into quite good timber with a decent saw anything over 40 cm quarter on the 30T binderberger then through the processor,anything horribly bent and all the broken bits and debris can go in the biomass boiler.I know it is a bit slow but if it is free or cheap enough it still makes sense.

Cheers Chris