Looking at Husky 135 or Stihl MS181 comments welcome.

Super_Spud

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could of got one those from shavey off here. He's a top bloke to deal with.

I have no doubt he is, but purchasing locally is ideal for me ;)

Had a play with it and it seems pretty good.

Get keys to 1st property in 2 weeks time so will be given the proper run out then :thumb up:

Trousers ordered, just need some gloves now :)

I have no doubt he is, but purchasing locally is ideal for me ;)

Had a play with it and it seems pretty good.

Get keys to 1st property in 2 weeks time so will be given the proper run out then :thumb up:

Trousers ordered, just need some gloves now :)

Don't bother with saw gloves. Pointless. That's fact, not just opinion.

Any particular reason why?

Out of curiosity of course.

For a little piece of mind £15 aint all that.

At what point is the back of your left hand ever going to be in contact with a moving chain if you are holding the chainsaw properly, and applying the chain break when you've finished cutting? Don't let a pair of gloves give you a false sense of security! Also c/s gloves give far less throttle control. Trousers and boots a must, though. 👍

Also c/s gloves give far less throttle control. Trousers and boots a must, though.

I wear a pair of ordinary gloves when cutting, the rubber palm grip gloves sold for gardening but I don't follow the "throttle control" bit as when I use a saw as it should be used the throttle is either on or off, tick over and flat out for cutting. It says that in the manual and I never found a need for part throttle cutting.

I wear a pair of ordinary gloves when cutting, the rubber palm grip gloves sold for gardening but I don't follow the "throttle control" bit as when I use a saw as it should be used the throttle is either on or off, tick over and flat out for cutting. It says that in the manual and I never found a need for part throttle cutting.

Sorry I didn't word that well. I was more thinking of the throttle jamming open due to bulky gloves which has happened on at least two occasions I know of. The rubber palm grip gloves you use are brilliant.

At what point is the back of your left hand ever going to be in contact with a moving chain if you are holding the chainsaw properly, and applying the chain break when you've finished cutting? Don't let a pair of gloves give you a false sense of security! Also c/s gloves give far less throttle control. Trousers and boots a must, though. 👍

That's actually a pretty fair point you've made there.

I was originally going to use a pair of standard front covered latex type gloves common on most building sites.

Already got boots and safety glasses :)

Would you guys recommend full face visor?

I will only be cutting whilst tree and myself on ground so don't see the need for a hard hat at all.

Cheers!!

I will only be cutting whilst tree and myself on ground so don't see the need for a hard hat at all.

Cheers!!

It's a bit of a false economy not to buy a cheap helmet as you will pay as much for a mesh visor and hearing protectors in the long run. You could use ear plugs and glasses or mesh glasses or just a face screen but cover your ears with something.