Looking at Husky 135 or Stihl MS181 comments welcome.

Super_Spud

Well, I speak not much swedish either, but he's saying the stihl is shite, the husky is ok but the echo tops them both.:biggrin:

haha! That made me chuckle!

I'm never one to trust vids like the above incase the testing is not fair in some way. I'm sticking to either the still or husky just because i have localism dealers i can deal direct with rather than internet companies..:thumbup1:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Out of the two Id buy the Husky & the less gimicky stuff on it the better, I dont like those tool free chain tensioners & Stihl flip caps drive me nuts as one fell to bits on me, however the Husqvarna ones do work properly.

If you did have a bit more cash then a Dolmar 420cs or an Echo 360 are worth considering, both of these are around £300.

N

Hi

Out of the two Id buy the Husky & the less gimicky stuff on it the better, I dont like those tool free chain tensioners & Stihl flip caps drive me nuts as one fell to bits on me, however the Husqvarna ones do work properly.

If you did have a bit more cash then a Dolmar 420cs or an Echo 360 are worth considering, both of these are around £300.

N

Any particular reason why you would choose the husky over the stihl?

Thankyou for everyones responses thus far!

It sounds like you are planning very similar usage to me. I have an MS181 with a 14" bar and for the most part it is a great little saw. I paid £210 for mine and that included a litre of chain oil and 50ml of stihl 2-stroke oil.

I've only once wished I had bought a bigger saw and that was last week when I was cutting 12-14" dia logs. With the bar buried the saw started to bog down a bit, that said though it cut through the log quick enough.

I used it a couple of weeks ago to clear a windblown cedar from a horse riding trail and had to carry it for a mile up a hill into the woods, I was pretty thankful it was a small plasticky little saw on that occasion!

i have a husky 236 worst saw i have ever bought have only used it twice and its sat in the shed ever since! how about an echo?

Hi

N

My dad has a husqy 135, its a very capable little saw. However i am awaiting an arrival of a little dolmar 350, from shavey off here, another capable little saw.

Beat me to it; Echo or Dolmar :thumbup:

It sounds like you are planning very similar usage to me. I have an MS181 with a 14" bar and for the most part it is a great little saw. I paid £210 for mine and that included a litre of chain oil and 50ml of stihl 2-stroke oil.

I've only once wished I had bought a bigger saw and that was last week when I was cutting 12-14" dia logs. With the bar buried the saw started to bog down a bit, that said though it cut through the log quick enough.

I used it a couple of weeks ago to clear a windblown cedar from a horse riding trail and had to carry it for a mile up a hill into the woods, I was pretty thankful it was a small plasticky little saw on that occasion!

Thanks for your input!

Did your saw perform similar to that in the video?

Bit worried it may underpowered. Dealer support is very good for them however.

Any particular reason why you would choose the husky over the Stihl?

Thankyou for everyones responses thus far!

Hi,

The Husqvarna has two bolts securing the bar, the Stihl one, AFAIK.

I dont like the Stihl tool-less chain tensioner, does anything but set the right tension, can't comment on Huskvarna but much prefer two bolts to secure the bar.

Stihl flip caps are fiddly & Ive had one fall to pieces - the replacement cost £10 but looks better designed than the original ones so clearly Stihl had a problem with the original ones.

The air filter on my Stihl seems to clog easily, my Husqvarnas run for longer & collect less in the filter

So I would pick up the Husky any day, but I think it worth you spending a bit more on a Dolmar 350 or 420 or look at Echo 360 looks nice, perhaps a few users may pitch in their thoughts.

These have some great pro features, less gimmicks & you will not regret the expense.

N

Thanks for your input!

Did your saw perform similar to that in the video?

Bit worried it may underpowered. Dealer support is very good for them however.

I'm not sure that video does the saw justice, mine is better than that but then its not being used in what looks to be sub-zero temperatures. I keep the chain sharp and it does the job well. One reason I chose a Stihl saw was second hand value. Take a look on eBay, if I want to sell my 181 and get a bigger saw I'd easily get £150 back for it, not sure about re-sale values for Husky saws but it seems every Tom, Dick or Harry wants a Stihl so they hold their value.

That being said tho, as a homeowner saw its perfect for me and it kept the house warm last winter!