Moody oregon chain

TheHungrySquirrel

I gave it a quick sharpen up just need to get in the woods with it now. So it's a bits a chain made with leftovers. Should have spent a little more and gone for a stihl chain

No, honestly it will be fine. Just not look right.

If it had been joined with more finesse this thread would never have happened.

Out of interest, why sharpen a new chain?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No, honestly it will be fine. Just not look right.

If it had been joined with more finesse this thread would never have happened.

Out of interest, why sharpen a new chain?

I have it a quick pass on each tooth as they looked a little rough and I'm also nursing man flu so was a little bored and the depth gauges were well off.

Do you grind the rakers down on these Stubby or just leave them? I've always just left the rakers in place, but often wondered if it'd be worth grinding them off?

They get knocked off as well I think . So not a consideration . :001_smile:

I think me and Gaden kit are the only ones who think this is not right, the question was is this right, and the staright answer is no, i have made thousands of chains up, if there is an odd drive link count you either loose a cutter or have two running the same side, if you have an even number there is no reason to have two cutters running the same side if the person making the chain does it properly, a bit of penny pinching here i think.

I think me and Gaden kit are the only ones who think this is not right, the question was is this right, and the staright answer is no, i have made thousands of chains up, if there is an odd drive link count you either loose a cutter or have two running the same side, if you have an even number there is no reason to have two cutters running the same side if the person making the chain does it properly, a bit of penny pinching here i think.

You're not the only ones.:001_rolleyes:

It will cut wood,but it's not a professional job.