Chip & Pin Machine

SPC Trees

If you want to bypass the card machine just get the PayPal here app, the card reader works through it via Bluetooth normally but you can also use the app to type card details in for a slightly higher percentage (3.something%)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get the customer to do Online faster payment,far cheaper and less hassle .

With today's technology you can access you account via phone to check payment has arrived .

Ste

Thats the best way, not much use if they wish to pay by credit card though.

It would be lovely to receive card payments for free, but personally I don't think the 2.7% fee is anything to lose sleep over.

Thats the best way, not much use if they wish to pay by credit card though.

It would be lovely to receive card payments for free, but personally I don't think the 2.7% fee is anything to lose sleep over.

For £100 £2.70 isn't much but if the bill is £3000 let's say that's £81 !!

I use a PayPal card reader linked to the phone works fine on G3

And if the customer want to pay buy credit card they pay the fee..

We have a card machine in the office and don't charge for debit cards but put 2.5% on for credit card payments.

We found it won us the odd job for people that preferred to pay by credit cards.

The BACS method is preferable and cost free - more people are using online or apps to bank nowadays so its becoming a lot simpler.

I use worldpay.

I have a portable card machine that works off phone signals.

Costs £22.50 a month to hire, 24p for debit and 1.2% for credit.

I'm looking at moving over to net pay with costco as they are slightly cheaper.

I purely use my machine for logs only. My accountant knows this so saves on loads of receipts, all items are firewood at 5% VAT. Customers really like it. I probably put through roughly £15-20k this winter.

2/3 on cards, 1/3 cash.

Its a bit of a pain paying for it during the summer but it more than makes up in the winter.

One thing with these machines is that you can take payment over the phone. I don;t think you can with Izettle/paypal etc. I use that quite a lot for customers who aren't going to be in

We obviously use a card machine in the shop. We do not surcharge debit cards, but surcharge credit cards at 1.5%.

The result is that we now handle very little cash and very few cheques, which is great.

We do not have a portable machine, so when we deliver a serviced mower back to a customer we try to get payment by card over the phone before we deliver, but this does not always work.

Some give us a cheque when we deliver, but no matter how many times we ask them in advance to have it ready for us they always seem to keep the driver waiting for 10 minutes while they find the cheque book and slowly write the cheque, a right PITA when we are busy.

Invariably, if given the chance to 'send the cheque on' it will be weeks before it arrives, but strangely, if given the chance to 'pay online' they will pay within 12 hours.