Yell.com

Dean O

This was the first year i have used yell.com its not set the phone on fire but it has brought some work in, it was only a £350 advert and has brought in about £4k so far so quite good, ever one of those jobs went from yell to my site so having my own web site helped.

The local paper use to be really good but i dropped my advert as it was not working the van written and recommendations from previous clients is the best way to get work IMO, what works for some may not work for others, all the best what ever you decide.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive never found my local news paper any good. comunity magasines and parish mags on the other hand: great!

Ive had one call from the yellow pages (smallish add) since it was issued in May, but to be honest there must be 7 pages of guys under "tree work" so makes you wonder what the point is.

I've noticed that the ammount of competition on the internet has exploded in this area just recently!

South wales (swansea area)

think its an all or nothing with yell.

got to be at the top of the list for any attention- no point in paying to be at the bottom.

although saying that i did a quote this evening for a guy who said he searched untill he found somebody local.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing- had my first ever call that was from Yell.com yesterday.....................someone looking for a job!Haha. I would have thought about it if he hadnt sounded like a total dullard and responded with"Huh?" when i said 'i take it you want tree work, have you got any experience or tickets?'.............

i heard that yell was going into liquidation due to putting all there effort into yell.com, now the ressetion has hit nobody wants to pay for it cos theyve got no money.

i did a free listing in the book and payed for the following year with a £2k advert and found that the small one provided more work cos i looked more competitive than the flashy expensive companies.

i just use the yell.com by postcode search which is free and it gets ya customers rite on ya door step, also the post office do mail drops in the postcode area ya want to hit with ya flyer, very reasonable rates ( deliverd by posty not some little spotty git that would throw them down the drain )

good luck

Amazing- had my first ever call that was from Yell.com yesterday.....................someone looking for a job!Haha. I would have thought about it if he hadnt sounded like a total dullard and responded with"Huh?" when i said 'i take it you want tree work, have you got any experience or tickets?'.............

did he have any tickest ?? :sneaky2: