Safety Rope for MEWP

Billhook

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just completed my ipaf ticket last Friday, there was definitely no talk of roping yourself outside of the basket, only clipping yourself inside! I can see your point tho. But like you say you do a lot of property maintenance? Such as painting windows, what exactly do you tie onto? Gutter brackets won't hold you taking out tiles and tie round batterns must be very dodgy, the only thing I could think of is a roof joist or somthing where you would have to cut through the felt which would be very impractical. Also if you have tied yourself to somthing, the basket falls leaving you hanging for instance, how do you lower yourself down? Unless there's a special climbers outfit system i guess. Perhaps using the machine working at 90% of its limits might be a safer option! as said previously have someone with you on the deck observing, making sure the cherry picker isn't moving on its pads etc. I can't see this working on taking trees down either? But it's still not a good thought going over in one!

Nice !!

There's a commercial building near me that has had to pay a lot of money to have anchors installed all around the building both high up and low down. They were made to install them by their insurance company for window cleaning as ladder ties / safety anchors

Because I can see that I am never going to convince many of you that just to have an unattached fast rope option is a good idea, perhaps it would be more interesting to have another Arbtalk survey.

Fast rope down from 50 foot

Who would you be prepared to do this for on a promise?

Monica for me, it is hard to believe that she is fifty years old (youngster compared to me!) but has matured like a fine red wine.

Just think, all that experience!

Because I can see that I am never going to convince many of you that just to have an unattached fast rope option is a good idea, perhaps it would be more interesting to have another Arbtalk survey.

Fast rope down from 50 foot

Who would you be prepared to do this for on a promise?

Monica for me, it is hard to believe that she is fifty years old (youngster compared to me!) but has matured like a fine red wine.

Just think, all that experience!

Holly Willoughbooby....