Pick up chip bodies

Orchard

They do all sorts hamdogg; if it can be made out of ally, they'll make it. I have one of their hard tops which is based on a farriers top.

I think for the chip box to fit on a double cab pick up tub it's around £650 plus vat. Was hoping I could make something a lot cheaper!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did mine cheaply a few months ago. It does not tip but i rarely use the truck for chip as i use an Ifor trailer for woodchip. It takes minutes to fork out the chip if i do fill the tub on the pickup. I can remove the sides, headboard and rear barn doors in seconds and remove the box section from the truck in 5 minutes if required. The hand winch is fer pulling /lowering me chipper onto the truck and not for collecting dead farm animals!!!

001.jpg

002_1.jpg

003_1.jpg

004_1.jpg

005_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

20150421_100351.jpg

GetAttachment.jpg

Edited by wicklamulla

Wicklamulla, does that hide you're chipper fully from view or does it poke out of the top. Also, what's it like to winch it up on that? Have you attached some wheels to the front of your cs100 purely for that purpose? I'm using a panel van with electric winch for mine with no front wheels on but I'm thinking of getting a pick up instead.

Wicklamulla, does that hide you're chipper fully from view or does it poke out of the top. Also, what's it like to winch it up on that? Have you attached some wheels to the front of your cs100 purely for that purpose? I'm using a panel van with electric winch for mine with no front wheels on but I'm thinking of getting a pick up instead.

No Simsimo it does not hide me chipper so i simply roll back the tarpaulin or remove it, lift de barn doors off the hinges and remove the box section cross member (yew can see it leant against the tail gate in the chipper photo) and winch it up the ramps (no front wheels have been added to the chipper). It's not the nicest of operations i hafta admit as winching it up can be a bit of a faff and winching it down more so, i need to perfect it. I do have an electric winch but i haven't boddered fitting it yet ! My chipper is even older dan a CS100, it's a 14 horse power GMR100 which serves me well. Despite my truck being a dubble cab it can hold a fair bit of chip. The beauty of this setup is i don't need to drag the Ifor with the Chipper perched on it if i'm simply chipping onsite, and if a customer wants the chip moved across a field i can chip into the truck and drive it most places within reason. What i also loike is i can fill the tub up with rings and cos they cannot be seen when the tarp is pulled over i don't look overloaded ! Reckon the whole lot cost me about £450 including box section, red oxide, hammerite, hand winch, plywood, green paint, tarp and various stainless steel fittings. T'would have bin cheaper if i'd done the welding but a local chaps welds are better and he's alot faster.