Post your stump grinding photos

Stefan Palokangas

Grinded a cherry stump a few hours ago, extremely nice and tidy garden, i'm so tired i could fall down and sleep, i moved boards back and forward making sure i was not getting the tracks on a single inch, up and down outdoor stairs, covering the full area with boards around it and on the grass, behind the machine if something would get back behind the machine, took 10 minutes to grind it out, and around 2 hours to travel from the van to the stump and back. There must be a better way of doing this. What do you guys using to cover the grass when you drive your machine on it ? Im starting to understand that a tracked machine isn't always a bonus, this ones goes on 2 wheels for 6k or so would have been a gift from god today ! But need to earn more money before i go that road.

I had in my mind if it was something thats light that i can roll out...

Also realise that dust isn't good to breathe in, so ordered a good dust mask.

So exiting being new in this trade !

And such joy to work for happy and nice customers, this is what i liked when i had my tree surgery company taking down trees and doing hedges.

Perhaps if there isn't anything on the market, i will make something myself, but surely there must be something ?

Skyhuck used a phrase "managing clients expectations"

ie don't promise them the earth, don't tell them there will be absolutely no damage.

Little sentences like "there may be a bit of collateral to the lawn/shrubs/flowerbeds whatever" can keep expectations realistic.

Oh,and get a wheeled grinder.

Skyhuck used a phrase "managing clients expectations"

ie don't promise them the earth, don't tell them there will be absolutely no damage.

Little sentences like "there may be a bit of collateral to the lawn/shrubs/flowerbeds whatever" can keep expectations realistic.

Oh,and get a wheeled grinder.

If there is a garden extremely tidy i like to keep it that way after i leave, and a wheeled grinder just have to wait, the finances says no... no... no... at the moment lol

We are getting the grounds of a chateau ready for a national open day on May 17th 'Jour de patrimoine'

I spent an afternoon in the rain grinding the stumps littering the lawns and beds.

The large dead cedar will be done afterwards and will also be my largest stump to date.

Ty

IMG_20150504_201351.jpg.d546ba7c689ddb151ebe4bfb4f4864c8.jpg

IMG_20150504_201523.jpg.59dc6e8b10b965c1b74dc004f5f1ba9f.jpg

IMG_20150504_201119.jpg.7a5e91a992e179f78c3d0be2b9e5bfbb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A few pics from the easy to get to stumps yesterday on a demo, I'm sure these demos are set up for a laugh. No trouble for the Jo Beau though.

It is in a class of its own, you must be getting to grips with it now Dean, when i was at the show i did have a good look at all the others and not many will get to the places i need to get to, you photos demonstrate that well :thumbup1: its so light, and the weight in the machine is very low, and it folds up like a box.

A few pics from the easy to get to stumps yesterday on a demo, I'm sure these demos are set up for a laugh. No trouble for the Jo Beau though.

Looks a good machine, it's big bucks though I think? I'm saving up for a hb20 to replace my rayco rg20