This information may help someone.

s.varty

Were they Steri-strips? You can buy them from most chemists, and they're a great little addition to a first aid kit. Had to use a couple a while back when one of our lads opened a 2" hole in his calf with the gaffs I'd just sharpened for him...

That's it,steri-strips, she even gave me some anti-bacterial wipes and some large plaster come bandage things.

My wife works as a dispenser in a pharmacy. It's quite amazing what they can do really, if ever you are ill injured within reason you should go there 1st. Not the long waits. Many under the counter drugs can be given. They also will advise you to go to the docs if you need to & some drugs can only be prescribed by the docs.

The pharmacist is highly qualified. It takes about 7 yrs to do it including practical experience. Even my wife has to know lots about drugs.

Also handy locations when out on the job.

My wife works as a dispenser in a pharmacy. It's quite amazing what they can do really, if ever you are ill injured within reason you should go there 1st. Not the long waits. Many under the counter drugs can be given. They also will advise you to go to the docs if you need to & some drugs can only be prescribed by the docs.

The pharmacist is highly qualified. It takes about 7 yrs to do it including practical experience. Even my wife has to know lots about drugs.

Also handy locations when out on the job.

:thumbup1:certainly opened my eyes as to how competent these people are, I just hope in the future we don't see queus (spelling) of wasters wanting to see the chemist as they coughed twice yesterday etc.

The pharmacist in our local Boots chemist saved my daughters life when she was 18 months old just by being observant.

It was summer and my clumsy daughter who was always falling over had bruises all over her legs, so the Mrs took her to Boots for some Arnica cream for her bruises. Luckily my daughter was wearing shorts, and the chemist took one look at her and said get to your doctor immediately, and rang the doctor to say she was en route. Our GP was the most laid back doctor ever, and sat bolt upright in his chair and rang the hospital to say my wife was on her way and my daughter needed immediate attention.

It turned out my daughter had a disorder where her body was rejecting her platelets in her blood and she was heavily bleeding/bruising intenally. A normal platelet count is 150-200, and hers was 6 and she had a transfusion. If she hadn't been seen within 12 hours, it is highly likely she would not be with us now.

If the chemist hadn't been so observant, my wife would have just taken her home and given her some tea and put her to bed

This was about 14 years ago, but after giving blood last year, I was asked by the NHS if I would consider giving platelets instead of whole blood which I now do every 2-4 weeks. Its a bit like dialysis and is a much more enjoyable experience. If you curently give blood and would like to give platelets and are in a position where you can commit to 2 hours every 2-4 weeks, ask your blood donor group or give the NHS blood donor line a call.

0300 123 23 23

Did you pay for the service???

No they just charge for the materials. You would buy the full pack they open. But still on average way cheaper and time saving. It's geared upto help the nhs, the nhs also sets targets and financial incentives to divert people away from the nhs. Testing for cholesterol, diabetes etc.

I suppose if they don't charge they are less liable against all these liability claim types.

Which varty mentions above. I don't think the pharmacist are going to swell with hypochondriacs, lazy people and those desiring a state sponsored ill lifestyle, because that stuff is in the doctors and nhs powers.

Until they see pharmacy as a way to offload responsibility that is.