Shorted on day-rate

Mark Bolam

Guys a complete idiot by the sounds of it!!

I would do one of 2 things, go down the legal lawyer route or put it behind you and never let it worry you again, lifes too short mate.

Even if you do go the legal route then still dont let it bother you, let the lawyer deal with it.

As other have said I would NEVER do day rate work for new domestic customers, I only do it for good old customers who know my standard of work and never grumble about the price.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a tosser!!!

One thing I would advise, is never, never, never, never!!, do day rate for private work.

I find its fine for commercial clients, they run businesses and know a fair days work when they see it, IME.

With private customers they see you stood for a minuet and are thinking thats just cost me £ !!

Give them a price, then it doesn't mater to them how long the job takes.

majority of my work is day rate and never had any problems

some folk think they can do what they want he is just a bully, i would not let it lie though i would be getting paid, if someone lifted your wallet and took £75 out of it you would be fighting to get it back to me its no different, thats money for my kids.

I think SWB way sounds the best to go legal, either that or hit him that hard it puts a left hand thread on his neck :001_smile:

Me personally I will not tolerate nonsense . Knock him out brother . I no its wrong but by heck it make ya feel better . Best to go with what SWB says . When that red mist comes like you I think they are taking money from the missus and kids .Best try to negotiate then when he thinks your weakened lauch that mother . Just post his address Im sure the karma thing will kick in soon . All the best .

As others have said, never work on day rate, there's so much that can go wrong, breakdowns etc, or even just popping to the bank to pay some cheques in, they are going to want to see you working the whole time.:sad: Give a price for the job then if you turn up with 10 men and finish it in an hour or take 2 days on your tod it makes no odds to them. I got shafted recently and ended up £300 out of pocket, when I threatened to go legal they threatened to go to local papers etc. sometimes you just have to let it go.

Im with Huck and Tom, i NEVER do day rate, to many things tpo cock it up, i give a price for the job done so they know what there paying. the only time i would change from this is if i was doing something like Dean does at the brewary in Tad, days and days of conny hedges then i would do a day rate but with set hours so everyone knows whats going on.

I havn't read from page 2 onwards so this may well be covered.

A Virbal contract is legally binding as long as there was a witness.

Done it before for a mate. I wasn't even there but wrote a statement that I was as the lady was behaving like your customer and deserved everything she got.

She paid up in full before it got to court which was good as I wouldn't have actually turned up and lied.

The other option of suggesting that you were paid to take the waste away as well as do the work may well get results. I have used the threat once in three years and it worked well. :-)

The threat of having 11 ton of semi mulched chip placed at the bottom of his and his neighbours drive worked. The chancer then asked me to go and do another job for him!!!!