Dirty diesels contributing to air pollution

SteveA

'Dirty diesels contributing to air pollution', is the title of this thread. I agree, they probably do.

It's worth remembering that each time you recharge your phone or computer which you wrote this thread on, you will probably also contribute to air pollution. You have to buy your computer; have it delivered or pick it up yourself. It constantly needs to be charged or powered . It has to be manufactured (probably in China) and finally disposed with. Usually to be replaced by another.

its a bit like the wood chipper problem, where people say it's 'green' to chip instead of burn, but if you think about it a bit, it's not as simple as that.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old diesels are the devil...

We need to scrap them all and ship them to the 3rd world to be 'recycled' by children.

Then we need to replace them with petrol electric hybrids, preferably sourced from all corners of the globe... and obviously replace them every 6 months as new technology becomes available.

Consume, replace, discard... its the only way to save the planet

Hey Jon, this isn't about dismissing old landrovers.... modern diesels also contribute to these harmful emissions.

The trouble we have is that there are so many diesel cars on the road nowadays and all that pollution put together is affecting people's health, especially childrens (asthma, etc).

Something needs to be done.

Cheers, steve

HI STEVE your right there BATH TODAY WAS VERY BAD thanks jon :thumbup:

Old diesels are the devil...

We need to scrap them all and ship them to the 3rd world to be 'recycled' by children.

Then we need to replace them with petrol electric hybrids, preferably sourced from all corners of the globe... and obviously replace them every 6 months as new technology becomes available.

Consume, replace, discard... its the only way to save the planet

That's why I mentioned retro-fitting. cheers, steve

I received a letter from vosa a couple of years ago stating that as my hilux has not got a cat I am barred from entering the lez as my vehicle pumps out dangerous to health chemicals. If I did enter I would receive a £1000 fine. BUT, heres the good bit.......... I could purchase a one day permit for £100.Surely I should not be allowed in full stop .

I received a letter from vosa a couple of years ago stating that as my hilux has not got a cat I am barred from entering the lez as my vehicle pumps out dangerous to health chemicals. If I did enter I would receive a £1000 fine. BUT, heres the good bit.......... I could purchase a one day permit for £100.Surely I should not be allowed in full stop .

But how many would actually pay £100?.... it would stop the majority of people driving in.... so their plan could be working.

cheers, steve

HI STEVE all so today i was at garage and seat down out side waiting for tyres on AUDI THEY WERE IN THE GARAGE STARTED UP THIS AUDI HAD IT RUNNING 2MINS I SOON MOVED OUT THE WAY THANKS JON

Hi Jon, yeah, I'm not saying other vehicles are better/worse.... but moving out the way of the exhaust is a good idea! :thumbup1:

Your experience is actually a good example of what is happening in our cities.... some days there is nowhere to escape the fumes (unless you get out of the city).

Cheers, steve

Saw a program recently were they did an experiment with a pedestrian , a cyclist , and a car driver . All were fitted with polutent moniters in front of thier mouth and nose . All took the same city route . The car driver came of worse than the pedestrian and cyclist by a long way . It comes in through the vents and stays in the car untill the doors are open .