Hydraulic pump

Hodge

What made you think that the pump was at fault in the first place?

Generally there are three things that would knacker that pump, contamination, cavitation or heat, did any of these things happen?

If you want to send it down sarf I'll have a look at it for you.

Well when tracking it used to jerk a bit and one track seemed to be more powerful than the other. I spoke to the dealer and they reckoned it would be a few things, I tried them all and in the end a pump was suggested. I paid up and fitted the new pump and it seemed to cure it but I got to thinking when I found the pump instead of chucking it out to see if it can be fixed or what??

Well when tracking it used to jerk a bit and one track seemed to be more powerful than the other. I spoke to the dealer and they reckoned it would be a few things, I tried them all and in the end a pump was suggested. I paid up and fitted the new pump and it seemed to cure it but I got to thinking when I found the pump instead of chucking it out to see if it can be fixed or what??

Could even be a combination of a few faults, one drive motor or valve could be leaking /passing a bit but a new pump with more flow and pressure would overcome the other problem. Might be better to save your money for a new motor etc if this is the case.

Just a thought

Sounds like it's a tandem pump?

Easy check is to swap the feeds over but nothing beats putting a pressure guage in the line to check supply to each track.

Hi Hodge we use whitehouse products for all our hydraulic issues,they are a large company at port glasgow,they carrie hundreds of differant pumps and are very helpfull they will cross referance the part number etc and fit you up with a pump order before 5pm and there morning after fantastic service.

Hi Hodge we use whitehouse products for all our hydraulic issues,they are a large company at port glasgow,they carrie hundreds of differant pumps and are very helpfull they will cross referance the part number etc and fit you up with a pump order before 5pm and there morning after fantastic service.

i use them also and theres another place in hamilton called servtech hydraulics that are very good