• UKIP
    • SNP (Scottish National Party)
    • Plaid Cymru (Wales)
    • Not voting.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well it is a bit of a no brainer to alot of people!

If you have money then you are probably going to vote Conservative as you will want to carry on accumulating it, buying up other properties and charging high rent to working folk who can't afford to buy a house because the cheaper end of the market is snapped up or worse still take on unemployed tenents and get paid by all of us out there working and paying tax. You will be wanting to pay as little tax as possible and look down on others less fortunate/ less lucky in life. Good luck to you.

If you are the working man and stuck in the past then you will probably vote labour as that's traditionally where you have voted for generations. You will have a strong sense of loyalty to the cause which is a good thing but loyalty should work both ways and i'm affraid the labour party haslong sinse lost alot of the values that it originally stood for, particularly the Scottish Labour Party. Good luck you.

If you vote Lib dem then all hope is lost IMO They just want to hang on to the coattails of whoever is in power.They have been in coalition with both labour and conservatives now and both times compromised their policies, Tuition fees??? Good luck to you.

If you vote UKIP then you are probably fed up with the influx of people coming here and doing our jobs for nowt and have some nostalgic sense of Britishness. I like the idea of having a limit on immigrants and quite like listening to Farage but he made a tit of himself when he was up here last time. And the UK bit of the party name doesn't appeal to me. Good luck to you.

If you vote SNP then there is a chance of a progressive change at westminster. Scrapping Trident and using that money to drag this country into the 21st century, getting rid of the HoL along the way. Evolution not revolution. I hope my team wins!

To the i'm alright Jack brigade, you can't take your money with you. The gap between rich and poor is widening. That can't be a good thing as through history when this happens you end up with revolutions, re distribution of wealth this way is less than fair to all.

Just saw this which I thought was well done.

Jim Murphy – Saviour of the Union (The Movie) |

I completely agree with you about the rise of inequality Gnome. You are completely correct when you say that history teaches that revolution is the outcome of this :thumbup: We should all be thinking carefully about social cohesion when we're voting at this election.

Yeah there's going to be a revolution, ha ha ha.

When people are really starving tempers are going to fray a bit, as long as the underclass can afford a macdonalds and some skunk they'll stay in their flats watching X factor.

They will pop out on hot summer nights to "protest" if a drug dealer gets shot and raid Aldi for some groceries.

Not so much a explaination, but an opinion:

The Tories want to impose austerity even more harshly in the next parliament than the last. They want to do so for ideological reasons rather than out of neccesity; that is they believe in a small state. They would like to shrink the state to as small a size as possible. A key part of Conservative ideology is a belief in a natural social heirerachy. They believe that they have are superior to us ordinary folk and are our rightful leaders. If they can reduce the state and get it out of the way then the leaders of private industry can step into the space thats created and make ever greater private fortunes. They are interested in increasing the wealth if the top one percent in our society. If we elect a Conservative led government then we should expect the state to be reduced and severe cuts - perhaps things like child benefit will disapear, for example.

A Labour led goverment would still want to stick with austerity to reduce the deficit, they would just plan on doing it more slowly and less painfully. They would also not be interested in protecting the top one percent and would make efforts, I would expect, to ensure that the burden is shared more fairly, through policies such as the removal of non-domiciled tax status. We would all be in it together.

Erm, wasn't it a labour government who let the fat cats bankrupt the country and trouser millions themselves?

I'm not a fat cat, I'm just a fat little bloke trying to make a living.

I've found it easier under the current mob, though there is still loads wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all of the time.

You can fool all of the people some of the time and some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

Yeah there's going to be a revolution, ha ha ha.

When people are really starving tempers are going to fray a bit, as long as the underclass can afford a macdonalds and some skunk they'll stay in their flats watching X factor.

They will pop out on hot summer nights to "protest" if a drug dealer gets shot and raid Aldi for some groceries.

You've got a short memory Mountain Man! Don't you remember the English riots of 2011? I think the authorities struggled to get that one under control, could have got much, much worse.

Erm, wasn't it a labour government who let the fat cats bankrupt the country and trouser millions themselves?

I'm not a fat cat, I'm just a fat little bloke trying to make a living.

I've found it easier under the current mob, though there is still loads wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

This is the point :thumbup1:

Its not possible for things to be great, but lets at least have a competent government who are not running the country into the ground pretending every things going to be wonderful :001_rolleyes:

Edited by skyhuck