Doing 30/31 next week

We had to have one for some reason!

Me too. Plus an individual first aid kit. Get to know your saw before you go. Read it's manual. That will help with the maintenance part. When it comes to the felling part take your time and think about what you are doing. It's not a race! And like someone said earlier enjoy yourself.

First aid kit- just a token gesture plaster in a bag will do. Also read through a copy of the NPTC test first. It mentions the need for a kit in there. Sounds like you have it all. Chain oil? The testing center will probably have stuff if you forget it on the day. I did my cross-cut and fell certs last year and it helps to get you head round how to tell what size file you need for a chain. Also knowing what HASWA and PUWER stand for. Passed my tree climbing assessment today, whoop whoop :-)

HASWA- Health And Saftey at Work Act.

PUWER- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations.

LOLER- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regs. And COSHH_ Hazardous substances.Are worth brownie pionts too. Helps to know of the reliant AFAG Guides and FISA. If your in an assessment and you make a mess of something, knowing a bit more than necessary means the assessor is more likely to be satisfied you are competent enough to pass.