Lets See Your Mountain bikes.

John Hancock

Can you walk ok in the shoes or does the clip underneath catch the ground

Yes you can Dean, it just depends what sort of shoes you buy. You can get shoes that look like ordinary trainers; you can even but sandals that will take SPD cleats. I’d maybe but a cheap bike for popping to the shops and keep your new one as a dedicated mountain-bike. It’s a quality bit of kit, shame to waste it. :001_smile:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has come just at the right time for me... I just happen to be counting down the days until I have a long weekend smashing the trails of Glentress and Innerleithen so its a good excuse to get the old juices flowing!

Picture 1 is of my current freeride bike - Haro Werx 7 - perched at the top of the simply awesome Minch Moor descent.

Picture 2 is of the Haro again, this time about to plummet down (mostly out of control!) Caddon Bank.

Picture 3 is my current XC ride - Cove Handjob with Pace XCFR forks.

Picture 4 is of my dearly departed Proflex Beast at the top of a proper lung buster on the Brechfa red route.

Any other fans of the 7 stanes on here, if not... why not?!!!

1972.jpg.45c2409f18b9425408e02f88716d8790.jpg

091.jpg.89654817e0d9bffdb317c42ebf37a05e.jpg

59765473b43e9_7Stanes2008050.jpg.eb09263cfa433365bcb956b34fc9b5ac.jpg

59765473b0128_7Stanes2008045.jpg.1623f8aaa693682ed7c2868dd23d22bf.jpg

Edited by Mark T

This thread has come just at the right time for me... I just happen to be counting down the days until I have a long weekend smashing the trails of Glentress and Innerleithen so its a good excuse to get the old juices flowing!

Picture 1 is of my current freeride bike - Haro Werx 7 - perched at the top of the simply awesome Minch Moor descent.

Picture 2 is of the Haro again, this time about to plummet down (mostly out of control!) Caddon Bank.

Picture 3 is my current XC ride - Cove Handjob with Pace XCFR forks.

Picture 4 is of my dearly departed Proflex Beast at the top of a proper lung buster on the Brechfa red route.

Any other fans of the 7 stanes on here, if not... why not?!!!

Cove Handjob - Very Nice!! :001_tt1: Like your style!

Proflex - Bet you wish you still had that now, worth a few £££'s :sad:

Looking at the Cove Frame - Your no short arse by the looks of it!

I'll put them back on when I get some shoes but they are pricey and I have some street dred to live upto so don't want to look gay.

I want to be able to just jump on the bike and nip to the local shop or down the yard, they do a one sided pedal where you can ride with or without but they are dear and so are the shoes.

Can you walk ok in the shoes or does the clip underneath catch the ground

Hey dean- i have a set of those SPD pedals- love'em. I hence have a pair of old but perfectly functioning spds spare.........