Does this apply to you?

Andy Collins

Unless I'm mistaken, isnt parking facing oncoming traffic against the Highway Code and Ch8 regulations?

Not sure if parking facing traffic is against chapter 8.

safety at street works

Whether this is up to date, I don't know.

I think on chipper courses they teach to set up so you're facing oncoming traffic, so you've got some idea of what might be bearing down on you, plus protection from the vehicle.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite correct Andy..

Last time I had someone drive into our "no-go" working area, we had rotating beacons, superbright led beacons, hazards, side lights, headlights, highvis and cones

Some people should just not be behind a wheel of a car.

If ever I change a wheel on a motor I drive so the wheel is on the pavement side, last time I drove 1/4 mile on a flat to get a safe changing area

It's just not safe out there :001_tongue:

also should there be a Road traffic accident of a serious nature it would be highly likely that both the police accident investigators and the highways agency would investigate the site taking into account the TM ste up and its possible implications to the accident . .

Without sounding argumentative, if there were a traffic accident and road signage had been placed out. If that signage was placed correctly then IMO there would be no grounds for prosecution even if the placee wasn't qualified.

Not sure if parking facing traffic is against chapter 8.

safety at street works

Whether this is up to date, I don't know.

I think on chipper courses they teach to set up so you're facing oncoming traffic, so you've got some idea of what might be bearing down on you, plus protection from the vehicle.

Quite right Quickthorn, but the vehicle must be conspicuous ie white or yellow (lemon) with all the beacons etc. When I did Ch8 we asked the instructor about having a vehicle to protect the crew re: chipping, and he specifically asked the colour of the vehicles, when told they were all painted in dark green he emphatically said no, not even with lights and beacons on. I do agree with Dean, I think people get confused by al the bright colours, signs flashy lights etc, too much information for their tiny brains to process.

I think your right dean. All the course I attended did was to teach you how to use the pink book. Could have just got a copy of a fiver and gone to work that day.

Its the pink book that is best practice not a certificate of attendence on a pink book reading lesson

I do agree with Dean, I think people get confused by al the bright colours, signs flashy lights etc, too much information for their tiny brains to process.

Talking of confusing......

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure that an orange flashing beacon means "Slow moving vehicle" not "Hazard".