Land Rovers even too crap for the Chinese

AHPP

I used to be a fan of the old stuff. They did what they were designed to do. Only problem was if you got stuck in the queue behind them. A plus for me was the welding and mechanical repairs almost paid my mortgage.

Shame Freelanders weren't around then I would be a millionare by now.

The free lander is positively bullet proof compared to the new stuff. All the technology and 8 speed boxs etc makes for a fantastic vehicle to drive. But if it's badly made it gets very expensive. I found this week if you have the premium radio in a new disco and it packs up and needs the screen the cables and all the Tcm units your in for 5 k . Not funny if you are digging down the sofa to feed the gas metre and your gearbox software has cancelled tomorrow's job. A d1 may be a bit sluggish and crude but you know it will get you to work and the heater works if the stereo packs up you can stop in halfwits and get one for £60

I had one of the first auto boxes in a Disco 1, 273,000 faultless miles. Sold a Disco 2 TD5 last year, another 262,000 faultless miles. Currently run an 03 plate Defender, new Discos seem to be money pits, RR are out of the question but the fault hardly looks major and they are taking action to rectify.

A