New LDV Chip truck

Rupe

Not much progress as I have had to go and do some work for a change! We have been hedge trimming so only need car and trailer.

Also I had to wait for the remainign panels to be fabricated and they could only really be measured up once the main panels were in. Today I managed to fit these extra panels. It is all only bolted together loosely at the moment just to get all the holes drilled etc then its all coming off and going back on more permanently. Having said that though, it will all be removable once done so any damaged panels can be replaced or altered. We will see how we get on with it and make any changes as required.

This front panal sits just behind the tool box and connects the main chip box to the front panel of the original tip body. This has increased the strength massively and it also makes a walk through which might be handy for gettign ladders off the roof.

001.jpg.178aaa7b0b53b4dfce85dd861161c453.jpg

I found some big sheets of 2mm aluminium for £40 quid which is going to be the roof. Its a lot thinner than I was hoping to get so if its no good I'll replace it in the future with something better, but for now cost is a problem so it will do.

Because of this I've had to put some more cross members in to strengthen to roof. It may be that we won't be able to stand on the roof or very carefully if we do! We'll have to see! I've added weight here with these cross members but saved some with having such a lightweight roof.

Hope to get the roof panels cut to size and on by friday.

004.jpg.c43f4b0c170a7300e62b3d4fd0aec4d6.jpg

Just sat and worked out weights on paper of aluminium planking and Plygloss body panels.

Taking my landrover and leaving the existing tipper bed on.

To put new sides, front and roof all the way to the back 2.6m long x 1.8m wide x 1.6m High in:

Aluminium plank = 221.68 kg plus corner angle and rivets.

Plygloss = 233.74 kg plus corner profile, cant rail and rivets

On top of that you would have a small steel frame and tail gate at the back to add on

Have you thought about the galvanised steel sheeting? I have it on my van and on a trailer which was done 8 years ago, still no rust.:001_smile: