New LDV Chip truck

Rupe

I like the way you have retained the dropsides,the Vice idea is very smart.

Maybe put a sheet metal upright on the far end of the Dropside and paint it a bright colour.That way you will be able to see that the side might be down when you look in the off side mirror.

I like the way you have retained the dropsides,the Vice idea is very smart.

Maybe put a sheet metal upright on the far end of the Dropside and paint it a bright colour.That way you will be able to see that the side might be down when you look in the off side mirror.

We didn't have trouble in the old truck with drivign off with the side down but now with the tool box added it might be a good idea to do as you suggest. I'll look into it.

Rupe The big question is What weight is it and what can you carry

It looks like a nice job BTW

Thanks.

I'm too scared to weigh it!! I know for a fact that it weighs less than the old one, even with the tool box on it. But I don't know for sure what it weighs yet. I will weigh it one day, promise.

It was 2020kgs with the tipper on and no chip box. I know the steel for the chip box was about 150kgs worth (4 sheets at 35kgs each, plus a bit) but I lost count after that with the roof and side panels but they can't be much.

• 4 weeks later...

Yep, pretty much done, thanks. And its workign well. The back corners flap a bit but not enought to worryh about, probably more worrying to whoever is following! The sides don't seem to "drum" at all, but maybe we can't hear them?

Have been working hard and its earning its keep so far. It is still waiting for some under body tool storage and sign writing. Cash flow still not flowing!

That's a nice looking truck! The top of the chip box looks like the bottom of a stealth jet, on that note, would you be undetectable to radar? :001_tongue:

The little storage bit down the side is a great idea! Rakes and gypsy-sticks rejoice, for they will remain unbent! I also like the vice, and as manly as it is to bash a timber vice into a nearby stump with a log and file away, it's not always ideal.

Good job!