New LDV Chip truck

Rupe

So far so good!! One half of the mudgaurds has been removed because it clashed with the wheels. I've got new plastic ones to go.

The chassis has been cut down to size and even though the bed is still long it doesn't look to rediculous! Just needs some finishing off and the tow hitch needs to go on and then wire up the tipper controls.

015.jpg.912d68342d7e673a633fc62fc5ced051.jpg

014.jpg.a32b510522c4015683e93ed4df1e1bfc.jpg

I've set a target at 2200, thats the same as an XLWB crew cab tipper with factory fitted steel tipper. The tool box weighs slightly less than a crew cab weighs over a standard cab, then there is a lot of weight saving in the aluminium tip bed and by removing the dropsides and making my own much lighter tail gate (5kgs!!) I hope to have saved enough to then add the chip box and stay under 2200.

But, I not calculated too much, I'm just gettign it built out of neccessity and we'll see what it comes too. My old one weighed more lime 2500 because it had a very heavy chip box and an additional fuel container box on the chassis that could carry four 20L jerry cans but weighed loads!

The chip box is not going to be the full width of the tipper. It will be like on my old truck where there is a slot at the side for rakes etc and the side can drop down to make a work bench ( hence vice visible in last photos above). This means you can't fit as much in and so you don't overload by as much.

Not much got done today. Finished welding all the brackets underneath and got the tow hitch on but thats all. The back end of the truck is not the prettiest view, maybe one day I'll get a new tow bar fitted but the one off the old truck will do for now.

002.jpg.992109aaff281d453668e01e8b9c5e8c.jpg

001.jpg.9bcd521f4e9ba42f877629c2f928cc97.jpg