Tractor cage

aspenarb

I got my Massey into the workshop to start guarding it up. I brought the top in this time so it wont bark the trees when its on the lean

image.jpg3_zps81ialf70.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsucskidnx.jpg

And managed to give the new Seppi a shake down.

image.jpg6_zpsgnc3b8n3.jpg

The cage on the old Massey has taken one hell of a hammering. RIP old girl.:)

image.jpg2_zpsh2hkxr5z.jpg

image.jpg1_zpspr8boe2k.jpg

Edited by aspenarb

I got my Massey into the workshop to start guarding it up. I brought the top in this time so it wont bark the trees when its on the lean

image.jpg3_zps81ialf70.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsucskidnx.jpg

And managed to give the new Seppi a shake down.

image.jpg6_zpsgnc3b8n3.jpg

The cage on the old Massey has taken one hell of a hammering. RIP old girl.:)

image.jpg2_zpsh2hkxr5z.jpg

image.jpg1_zpspr8boe2k.jpg

Hi mate do you have tractor mate thanks Jon

Any reason you made your cage out of round rather than box?

Abundance of scaffold poles?

Does it 3125 cope well with the mulcher or is it a slow affair?

Questions aside that is a bomb proof bit of guarding.

The 3125 and the newer one which is a 6180 have the same Perkins Phaser engine which is easy to screw more HP out of. When we first got the 3125 the pump was done and the pto shaft dynoed at 160hp which is plenty for the Seppi , you can get these engines up to 220hp if you want but its the torque at 1500rpm that counts and these make plenty of that, HP figures are for pubs its torque that turns things. Any more put through a Seppi and you will chew up belts. The 3125 is going to be refurbed and kept for the mulching on rough old building sites , its done 15000+ hours of mulching and worn out three Seppi`s which shows how tough these older Massey`s are. Other than service items and having all the electronics removed/wired round its been little short of remarkable which is why I got the 6180. The 6180 is virtually the same tractor except its got the forward/reverse shuttle , it too will have the pump tweeked and will probably end up with all the same electrical mods. Anyway the last thing you want when mulching is a block of flats of a tractor, its just not going to get about in the woods.

The tubes are 2" x 3mm wall thickness which fits my bender ( not scaffolding), I just find working with tube easier.

Bob

• 2 months later...

The cage is work in progress and just add bits as and when I get time , had a mad five minutes on it and took the tubes round the arches to protect them .

image.jpg3_zpsvurydeoa.jpg

image.jpg5_zps0c68dhzm.jpg

That should stop this happening, thats the third set of wings on the old one :thumbdown:

image.jpg6_zpsv0nesad8.jpg

It needed some weight on the front so I stuck a hydraulic winch on it with a deflector plate under it made out of inch thick road plate doubled up, I think its all up at about quarter of a ton of extra weight.

image.jpg2_zpsu3pk276q.jpg

image.jpg3_zpso5xquwzg.jpg

image.jpg2_zps9n1eufsf.jpg

just the front to mesh in now.

Bob