Ranger MPG. What do you get?

PeteB

I now get zero mpg - oil pump went - destroyed the turbo and the engine inhaled the inner working of the turbo. 3.5 years old and 66k on clock. Now needs whole new engine at £8k.

man thas bad news. what ya gonna do, brand new engine or try and get a replacement one from a breaker?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A friend had one and the AA man told him it was seized, common problem. So took it to ford who had the engine only to find it was actually the air con pump that had seized. Cost him £2700!! After that he was then aware of the common fault and ended up getting rid of it. Shame it was a limited- all the bells and whistles.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Arbtalk mobile app

Ford have agreed to pay part of the costs of replacement, but still left with £5 plus bill. Not happy and after a little investigation found out it really common. Not only ranger affected but same engine in transit and also last version of Defender all have had problems with oil pump - some have been recalled but not all. My Ranger wasn't recalled and apparently wasn't affected !!!!!!

Oh and it's now three weeks and they still havnt got all the parts to fix. Would recommend everybody sell Ranger. Not worth hassle and FordUK not prepared to accept there is an issue.

Ford have agreed to pay part of the costs of replacement, but still left with £5 plus bill. Not happy and after a little investigation found out it really common. Not only ranger affected but same engine in transit and also last version of Defender all have had problems with oil pump - some have been recalled but not all. My Ranger wasn't recalled and apparently wasn't affected !!!!!!

Oh and it's now three weeks and they still havnt got all the parts to fix. Would recommend everybody sell Ranger. Not worth hassle and FordUK not prepared to accept there is an issue.

Is yours a 3.2 or 2.2?

I

2.2 xlt 2013

Ive a 2.2 15 plate with 60k on the clock. From day one it gave electrical problems and ended up getting new wrining looms etc, fine. At 40k it needed a new fuel pump and now every few thousand miles it dies. Cuts out and splutters then cuts out again. If you leave it for half an hour or so it goes fine again. Also lost a chunk of paint down at the front mud flap the other day. Fix Or Repair Daily :lol:

I have an 05 D22 Nissan . .......In all this time I have replaced a little nylon gear on the speedo drive and have just replaced the neutral position switch in the gearbox . About £50 total in 12 years . :001_smile: