Cost to have a logo designed?

Coletti

I believe Vistaprint do a free version, its just simple clipart where you then add what you want. I think if you use it on their designs its free, then there's a fee if you want to use it elsewhere (not a lot though). There are lots on companies out there some also offering free designs, but when you look at them its just clipart. If you want an individual logo then you will have to pay for it. What you are paying for is to bring your ideas to paper, if you just say I have not idea or was thinking of ....., then it'll cost more. If you say here is a sketch of what I want, then it'll be cheaper. There are also some sites that auction your idea or design. You then choose which one you want to work with. Always check previous work first though, as I have noticed in the past a lot of designs suggest they work with big brands like the NHS

I'm asking for a friend of mine really, he's done mine and I'm over the moon with it, I personally have no reason to see past work as I know what he does for a living and trust he can achieve what ever I want. The reason I am asking is he has asked me what i would expec to pay so as to try and put together some sort of pricing structure for anyone that requests one in future

Something to be aware of is that the designer often retains ownership of the design. It may seem petty, though I suppose that if it's used extensively for a larger company they may be able to charge rights for usage.

You can get a designer to sign it over to you for free or for a small fee('00's as opposed to '000's).

In these situations aim low, a bit like tipping. Your friend probably has a figure in mind but has played the old "just give me what you think it's worth" card. They are gambling that you'll feel obliged to go in high, and they'll get the better deal.

Your job now is to scupper this attempt by going in way below their expectations, say £15.

They will then either grudgingly accept and shuffle off disappointed, or come clean with their expected fee.

Either way, you won't be paying over the odds, and it's unlikely you'll need to use them for this service again, so hey ho.

In these situations aim low, a bit like tipping. Your friend probably has a figure in mind but has played the old "just give me what you think it's worth" card. They are gambling that you'll feel obliged to go in high, and they'll get the better deal.

Your job now is to scupper this attempt by going in way below their expectations, say £15.

They will then either grudgingly accept and shuffle off disappointed, or come clean with their expected fee.

Either way, you won't be paying over the odds, and it's unlikely you'll need to use them for this service again, so hey ho.

Glad I'm not your friend... :-)

If he's an actual friend you can surely discuss this with him? (Something about hours spent x day rate here).

Whenever I work for friends or family I make sure they know the cost (often reduced or fees waived, but make sure they know the normal rate) before and are happy with it. Not much worse than having to hassle someone who you thought was your friend for money!

Just a quick question here as to how much you would expect to pay if you employed someone to design a logo for you?

We have a very nice pre-designed logo you could use from approx. £500 per year :thumbup:

Gis a shout if you want to know more or get along to one of the FREE workshops (see Training - Arboricultural Association )

Cheers..n hope you get it sorted soon

Paul