Right vehicle for job ?

cordwood

My 110 is Ex Electric board. double skin chasis uprated suspension etc. The bradford firm is http://www.autoliftuk.co.uk/page.asp?link=Tree%20Surgeon%20Bodies

I do quite a lot of shooting so a Landrover is a must for me!:crazy:

Any body used them?

Sounds like you have the heavy duty option most leccy board 110's are. It is worth checking the Vin plate though I had a mate who had the uprated chassis and springs but LRSV didn't stamp the new gross weight on at construction! caused him a few problems when he was tugged!

I think Pencontools tipper autolift or was it brit tip, he mentioned it earlier in this thread

• 1 year later...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 110 is Ex Electric board. double skin chasis uprated suspension etc. The bradford firm is http://www.autoliftuk.co.uk/page.asp?link=Tree%20Surgeon%20Bodies

I do quite a lot of shooting so a Landrover is a must for me!:crazy:

Any body used them?

I bought tipping kit from autolift, treeted me v well, helped me out with ram positioning when i built my tipping body. tipping kit= ram,pump,mountings,hinge,electrics,hose. took me ten evenings to build body and she tips to 50degrees.

forgive me if im wrong, but you need an O license for a 5.5t

You're forgiven:001_tongue:

Whether you need an o licence has got to be one of the most complicated set of rules there is to do with dvla other that registering lorries as agri vehicles. It is categorically not the case that weight determines the need for o licences- you can, for example, run a four wheeled tipper lorry carrying ten tons of hardcore....as long as it is for your own use. Carry stuff for anyone else, even once, you need the license. There is a guy down here with a sign written dodge fifty with a hiab on the back who does mobile milling and other tree related stuff, and he is totally legal without an o licence. If i go more than fifty miles from my base in my 110 loaded i need a tacho and o licence, even if i only do it once a year. If i dont then i dont need that licence. It is that complicated, and there are myriad moe rules and regs and conditions.....:thumbdown:

• 8 months later...
If it wont reach top speed on the flat with no wind then there is something fundamentally wrong with your 300tdi or it is over-geared like a disco (witch will easily do over 90mph on the flat)

If you clime under it with a cloth and look on the transfer-box near the handbrake drum & pto aperture there is normally a white sticky label (if you are lucky) witch says the ratio, sometimes it can also be on the top of the transfer-box in witch case remove the centre seat & the inspection plate in the seat-box to see it.

Also do you have a GPS so you can see the Speedo error vs. real speed?

oversized tyres also affect the gear ratios standard size for a 110 is 235/85-16 also wheels mounted bonnet on late defenders is not legal any more.

just set up n price was an issue ( spent too much on my chipper)

LDV, brilliant. just done a site clearence and managed to get it into the customers back yard.

got a normal tipper, ran that for a while then bought a crewcab back n had a box made for the gear. Although the chip box is smaller, when its full i'm overweight. lol.

when cash allows i'll upgrade to a crewcab transit, rack the rear section out n get a posh allly back made

would like a cabstar for its size, a 7.5 tonner for its capacity and a mog for the fun factor, would also like to win the lottery, about as much chance of any. lol

oversized tyres also affect the gear ratios standard size for a 110 is 235/85-16 also wheels mounted bonnet on late defenders is not legal any more.

It isn't illegal, however the TD5 and puma engines sit too high in the engine bay so fitting the wheel on the bonnet would cause the mounting/bonnet to contact the engine.

A kit is available to mount the wheel on the bonnet of the td5/puma models, it bolts to the hinges and just above the bonnet catch. This makes it sit another inch or so off the bonnet and with a decent width tyre you can see less than f all.

It isn't illegal, however the TD5 and puma engines sit too high in the engine bay so fitting the wheel on the bonnet would cause the mounting/bonnet to contact the engine.

A kit is available to mount the wheel on the bonnet of the td5/puma models, it bolts to the hinges and just above the bonnet catch. This makes it sit another inch or so off the bonnet and with a decent width tyre you can see less than f all.

it is illegal i think u will find ,thats why the military had to have spare wheels fitted on the side to comply with eu rules.