Advice about ford ranger trouble

Crazeetony

Hi I recently purchased a 2004 2.5td ford ranger and I am getting conflicting info from 2 different garages so hoping the someone might be able to help

Not long after I bought it the radiator overheated, took it to the garage and they put a new one in but told me that water was coming out the exhust when they started it so the head gasket would need replacing, being a little sceptical as it wasn't doing this the days after getting back and no other symptoms I took it to another garage

the 2nd garage did a compression test and told me all cylinders were showings 10 bar pressure except cylinder 2 which was coming back 9 bar but this wasn't anything to worry about and the head gasket didn't need replacing........ I am just not sure who to believe as i have asked a few people and some are saying not to worry and other are saying any drop in pressure is serious

Anyone have any idea on this ?

The only issue iam having is trouble starting it, it starts fine when cold starting or first starts of the day but after driving it, when restarting it struggles, goes to 500 revs and then shudders and dies, I have to give it a little gas to get it above 500 revs then it's fine, have been told this will be either the fuel filter or injectors as I had the glow plugs checked when the guy did the compressin check

It was doing this before the radiator went tho

i had a similar problem on my isuzu changed the head gasket and still had the fault water in a cylinder , It turned out to be the EGR valve it had some sort of water cooling which had cracked inside therfore letting water in the engine

That's how my l200 died! Blank the egr valve and bypass/remove the cooler! Wish I had known that before it died!

Yeah been driving it for 2 weeks now, no loss in water or any other head gasket symptoms, it's running fine apart from the iintermittent start trouble, the only reason I am even concerned is just because the first garage told me it was faulty, and that the second cylinder came back a 9 bar

As to if they are all low I am not sure, the 2nd garage just said that all the other cylinders were fine at 10bar, are they supposed to be higher than 10? he made out that was what they were supposed to be

I have also had the radiator water checked for exhaust gasses and nothing, it came back all fine on that test

Yeah been driving it for 2 weeks now, no loss in water or any other head gasket symptoms, it's running fine apart from the iintermittent start trouble, the only reason I am even concerned is just because the first garage told me it was faulty, and that the second cylinder came back a 9 bar

As to if they are all low I am not sure, the 2nd garage just said that all the other cylinders were fine at 10bar, are they supposed to be higher than 10? he made out that was what they were supposed to be

I have also had the radiator water checked for exhaust gasses and nothing, it came back all fine on that test

Sounds more like an injection/sensor/egr problem.

With head gasket normally the radiator pressurises and you can see bubbles comming to the surface. Oil in the coolant water in the oil and overheating problems loss of coolant and constant water at the tail pipe.

Been to a local Ford dealership that sell rangers,been told 9 bar on just one cylinder is fine and nothing to worry about, so going to see how it runs over the next few months and just keep checking the radiator regularly to make sure

Think I am going to try a new fuel filter and see if that helps with the starting problem