Which Mountain Bike

Dean Lofthouse

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beware commencal Dean mate, a mate of mine is bang into his mountain biking and they have had lots of problems with frames cracking, Check the commencal forum to see if thats one of the suspect frames mate!

Just a heads up! :001_cool:

Giant are one of the biggest manufacturers of bikes, they make the excellent Giant, GT and i think they make some trek frames, but am not sure. Thay have also had ties with scott, another excellent make. S-ram is ok as far as i understand.

i think a full sus bike is in deans price range if he is going to buy second hand ! i have raced downhill and recently sold a full on downhill specialized bike on ebay for £600 and the spec was just about as good as they come with over £1000 spent on the bike in the last 6 months , but the frame was a bit old ,

i think a full sus bike is in deans price range if he is going to buy second hand ! i have raced downhill and recently sold a full on downhill specialized bike on ebay for £600 and the spec was just about as good as they come with over £1000 spent on the bike in the last 6 months , but the frame was a bit old ,

Fair point. I dont think that an older frame is necessarily a problem mind, aspecially if it was a good one to start with.:001_smile:

I'm after a mountain bike for fitness training for me and the dogs.

I've been looking on ebay and want to spend about £400 but there is a vast array of bike and I dont know which is crap and which is good.

What I want is something someones spent a fortune on and is selling it on after upgrading or something.

The last bike I had stood me at about £2k and sold for about £400 when I had done, I learnt my lesson, let someone else trick the bike up and spend a fortune then buy second hand :001_smile:

What make should I put in the search engine to narrow the search down and cut out the crap

MERLIN MALT 1 or 4

bought myne over 4 yrs ago, brilliant and to top it all there only a cocks stride from you over in LEYLAND PRESTON.

you can go get yourself measured for the frame and build to what ever budget you want, but you should get a good hardtail for £600.

P.S. if your going to them spend a bit on brakes if going hydraulic.