Forst tr6 on its way

simonm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a fan of all that light weight stuff, i can see why they are made for lads with restricted licences. I was mincing around with the Forst because its infeed is smaller than what we are used i didnt think i could feed it as much and as fast but you can chuck it in and it blasts it out no messing. I know the 190 will require less sneding because of the infeed size, but you cannot have everything.

Infeed size is huge on the 230 It honestly feels no different to a 190, I recon it actually chips better but is lacking the turbo to keep the revs up in big lumps of timber but you barely notice it.. The only annoying thing and I'm sure it's the same with all new chippers is the over sensitive stop bar.

Can't fault the construction of the machine either ,it's really well set up and thought out with blades and greasing.

The light weight chassis looks all replaceable so in the event of corrosion years down the line bits can be replaced instead of a whole new chassis.

It would definitely be my first choice of chipper it does every thing and more that I want out of a 6" machine.

Too little too late. The other manufacturers have already done it, now timberwolf are playing catchup!

No, they just waited to see what everyone else has done and then made it better. I was at the factory a couple of weeks ago and they have some very interesting things in the pipeline.

Looks like an interesting visit hodge.....will be interesting to hear about it....sounds like it was a bit top secret....did they ask you to go down?...im presuming they did.....start a thread mate so i dont keep derailing this one..........and this is a very relevant thread as i use a TR6....

Looks like an interesting visit hodge.....will be interesting to hear about it....sounds like it was a bit top secret....did they ask you to go down?...im presuming they did.....start a thread mate so i dont keep derailing this one..........and this is a very relevant thread as i use a TR6....

What did you think of the TR6? i felt it suited the work we do best. The infeed is on the small side but then again it is narrow access! and i suppose you cannot have everything. You had any problems with it?