3 point linkage skidding grabs

clueless

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i'm not quite sure how that would handle the crappy stuff like a bundle of 3" - 4" diameter lengths

Just put a choker round a bundle of them, you could use a cable choker instead of a chain, it will pull up tight easier.

I quite often pick up bundles with my Igland winch, although if you are moving big stuff a winch with a high pulley is good as you can get the butts off the floor as ploughing them through the mud saps power. Mine only has a low position which can be a pain at times.:001_smile:

You could just use a forestry winch, you can just winch in a few, then hook the chokers on to the butt plate, lift the winch and drive out.

:congrats:Thats what i was thinking. Get a francguard (or whatever the spelling is) or similar. They are very veersatile for that sort of operation. Does the N-H have a loader on? If the logs are small then you could even winch a load out, then grab a load on the loader as you want them, and the winch would also give a bit of rear weught in the bargain!:001_cool: Old silage shear grab with the sides cut out makes an excellent timber grab, and even a quicke loader on a 110 hp tractor will lift 2tonne at the headstock. 2 ton is a fair log or bundle of logs.

Old silage shear grab with the sides cut out makes an excellent timber grab

Good idea. A bit off-topic, but is there a way of doing this other than fitting a proper 3rd service, ie simply (cheaply..) diverting the dump/crowd circuit?

Edited by RichardT
?

yeah she's got a loader on and a silage grab but what i find is that when you pick up a bundle its sticking out the sides of the footprint of the tractor so you cant get out of cramped areas easily. hence why i'm looking at a grapple as it picks up long ways. christ that doesnt make sense does it!

picking up with a winch - will that enable me to pick up the whole bunch or will there still need to be some gear dragging along the ground? i need to keep the timber as clean as possible as its only thin stuff

cheers for the help so far

We have an RM one (R.M.INTERNATIONAL d.d. traktorski priklju?ki, Schlepperanschlussen, Tractor attachments) sat in out yard - brand new and unused but we've taken it round the shows so technically ex demo - 1.6m opening, weighs 280kg is free swinging and self centralising and gives 5000kg gripping force.

PM me if your interested and I'll sort some pics out.