Husky xp oil worth the extra ££££ ??

jnoon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its always best to let people use whatever they feel happiest with. If that is XP then so be it.

That said, lets not be too hard on FB oils. They are every bit as good at lubricating as FC and FD oils.

FC oil offers increased detergency and lower smoke (ash) than FB, whilst FD is even higher in detergency and smoke resistance than FC.

But their lubricity is the same.

Use whichever oil your handbook suggests and you should not go wrong, but to be honest most modern oils from well known brands are equally as good as each other.

The quality of the fuel causes more problems than the oil, yet this cause of failure is often overlooked by those analysing failure. It is too easy to blame the oil.

• 2 months later...
A forestry bloke I've been felling for insists on 500ml to 20liters,

I still run 19liters to 400ml, he insists on the extra oil.

To be honest Josh, although I doubt he needs the extra oil it's probably not so much as to cause any issues.

If you are both happy with the mix you use then that's all that matters!

• 2 months later...
Hi, you may find this the case with Stihl warranty but not Husky we had 2 550xpg go pop the same day which were fixed under warranty they commented on our use of non Husky oil but only in passing, it was the first time we'd been running saws on another brand (Oregon) in years and I won't be doin it again!😢

My 560 died on Oregon oil even though it wasn't oil related they did pass a comment about Oregon oil so I've bought Some xp oil now

Have been running xp for about 3 years and can't say I notice any difference but my husky dealer has warned that not using it will void the warranty and the saw will cook it's self over the space of a few years.

Have been running xp for about 3 years and can't say I notice any difference but my husky dealer has warned that not using it will void the warranty and the saw will cook it's self over the space of a few years.

The A fuel also keeps Husqvarna & Stihl warranty just so everyone is in the Know.

Please use what you are happy with.

You all know Aspen is out there and does what it says it does.

Thank you for all the support of the product!

That said, lets not be too hard on FB oils. They are every bit as good at lubricating as FC and FD oils...

But their lubricity is the same.

Sorry but that's simply not true. Jaso spec does not denote performance whatsoever as if one FB oil has exactly the same lubricating qualities as another; likewise for FC / FD.

Brand A FD oil (syn) will demonstrate greater affinity for hot metal than will Brand B FB oil (min) for example... For starters...!