RE SEO my website?

Chipperclown

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE=Tree Lc;1258909]My site is having a redesign by the company that did it originally. I pay a lot more than £95 a year for my SEO but I have more work than I can keep up with because of their work.

For the last couple of months work has gone up by about 30% from the same time over the last few years. Only difference I can see is that we are being promoted by the company and using social stuff.

I'll keep on going with them - even had to take on more staff!!

Tree LC

Tree surgery Horsham

What do you pay annually for your seo?

Age does have an effect but there are lots more factors. Like for instance your site needs to be mobile ready now. Google has just changed the algorithum to include how mobile ready your site is

https://www.google.co.uk/webmasters/tools/mobile-friendly/

It has to pass this. One way to bump a .com is to register it for 5/10 years.

(bump= give it more power in the google rank)

Before spending any money on someone doing your SEO work for you, read these two documents, and see what you can do yourself.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/35291?hl=en

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

These documents are written by the guys that are on the other end of the SEO war, i.e. Google.

If, in the end, you decide to pay someone for SEO assistance, make sure that your agreement covers you paying for objectively measurable results, such as the SEO test above Nibbler - Test any website and/or getting higher up on Google search results (anything below top ten is useless) for specific search terms.

What I am saying is: pay for results, not for the promise of results. Any SEO "expert" that will not want to agree on such terms are not worth their money. A bit like you saying to your customers: Pay me the money, and then maybe at some point in the future, your tree will be felled.