Dolmar

luap

I can't give anyone prices for anything Shavey mate, since I don't sell, I just buy.

From what I recall, the Makita chainsaw range is less varied than it was a few years ago, and the nice 5030 has vanished.

That would make a compelling argument in my books to go for a Dolmar if one needs/wants a professional saw in this capacity.

Shavey, how much are the Dolmar 61, 73, 79, and 90cc models coming out at?

• 1 month later...
hello no the dcs 5121 is'nt the proffessoinal one its called the

''farmers favourite''

the EA5000P45D is the proffesional saw

dolmar PS-500 is the equivallant to the dcs 5121

dolmar PS-5105 is the equivallant to the EA5000P45d

:thumbup::thumbup:

Bumping this: I got a Mak 5121 and it seems good.

What difference from the Dolmar PS-5105 especially the weight?

The dcs5121 seems a bit heavy for all day use but I need to do a weighing for comparison.

I have an ms261 where the clutch side crank bearing has gone after 2 years and something has worn through the pump housing. I need to replace it with a similar weight saw but simpler as the lads are a bit rough on saws.

• 2 weeks later...

P1040196.jpg.77d355d8f125474270c0325384a626bb.jpg

:thumbup:Thanks Andrew, fired it up just before it went dark. It has a bark and once warm its response is good, spinning up quickly. It seems light at the back sending its weight forward but balance is good and doesn't feel as nose heavy as my mates 660 with a similar bar size on. Side covers are metal, not what I am used to, gives a Tonka toy aspect to it like its going to last!!!

Roll on happy days:biggrin:

Big thanks again to Andrew for all you did in sorting this for me and Rob D/Lawrence for sorting the bar chain combo. I would recommend them to all here:thumbup:

[ATTACH]179907[/ATTACH]

:thumbup:Thanks Andrew, fired it up just before it went dark. It has a bark and once warm its response is good, spinning up quickly. It seems light at the back sending its weight forward but balance is good and doesn't feel as nose heavy as my mates 660 with a similar bar size on. Side covers are metal, not what I am used to, gives a Tonka toy aspect to it like its going to last!!!

Big thanks again to Andrew for all you did in sorting this for me and Rob D/Lawrence for sorting the bar chain combo. I would recommend them to all here:thumbup:

Nice :thumbup: welcome to the club:thumbup:

016.jpg.a4919e38efd560a609f1eb5d3801b970.jpg

[ATTACH]179907[/ATTACH]

Looks Good there Nathan with the sugihara bar it was great working with you to get a big saw :thumbup::thumbup: