knew i should have bought a dolmar

Logrover

No, the bent bit by the oil cap is not normal, I have owned or worked upon 346's, 357's, 362's, 365's, 372's, 385's, 394's, not a single one has had any deformation by the oil tank as normal, nor have any 2 or 5 series huskies. Maybe a stone or piece of wood has hit the front, sometimes they do ping off the chain in such a way that it could punch a hole in the tank. Whilst I've been lucky enough for that not to happen, I have had debris fly off the chain and strike me.

Do you blame the manufacturer of your vehicle when you get a chip on the windscreen? Or a crack if struck in the right place! A chain running 20m/s is 45mph.

I know you know your stuff on husky gear but I feel like I have to correct you that bit bent next to oil cap is actually like that. The OP didn't bend that bit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah the oil filler hole is strengthened by stiffeners so looks bent on a picture. Maybe i ve been unlucky, the site im on is very stony with some grown in. Anyway its happened and bored of it all :001_tt2: I can get a new casing for 45 squids, husky genuine is 170 ish and i imagine the quality is similar anyway. Think il rebuild it myself purely as it has heated handles.

I think you have to love the saw your using and the 372 just does nt seem to feel like its working hard compared to the dolmar. Looking forward to trying the echo. Dolmar sounds amazing as well.

On another note i wonder if replacing the spikes with a larger aftermarket type would help protect the casing in large stuff. The dolmar ones are larger and seem to hold the casing further away from the tree.

Yeah the oil filler hole is strengthened by stiffeners so looks bent on a picture. Maybe i ve been unlucky, the site im on is very stony with some grown in. Anyway its happened and bored of it all :001_tt2: I can get a new casing for 45 squids, husky genuine is 170 ish and i imagine the quality is similar anyway. Think il rebuild it myself purely as it has heated handles.

I think you have to love the saw your using and the 372 just does nt seem to feel like its working hard compared to the dolmar. Looking forward to trying the echo. Dolmar sounds amazing as well.

On another note i wonder if replacing the spikes with a larger aftermarket type would help protect the casing in large stuff. The dolmar ones are larger and seem to hold the casing further away from the tree.

If you can get a new casing for £45, i'd go with that and think no more about it.

I know you know your stuff on husky gear but I feel like I have to correct you that bit bent next to oil cap is actually like that. The OP didn't bend that bit

Could be the crap on his saw, looked like there was an additional crease running across it.

As you're trying to fix it, the old type (non x-torq) casing will fit (same part, different number no doubt), but you could just plug it with some filler.

On the other hand, if you choose not to fix it, I'd be interested in the flywheel and generator ;)

You have to hit a saw casing pretty darn hard to cause a hole like that. I'm sure the OP would remember doing such a thing. A branch under extreme tension coming back possibly but again you are likely to know. Maybe there is a flaw in the casing on this saw.

As I said in my post had the self same thing happen to me using a 372 . It was a stone in the timber and the chain picked it up and wanged it strait through the casing . Identical . Nothing I could have done , happened in an instant .