where have all the big jobs gone ?

Gavin

anyone strugling to pull in big work , i am

getting a bit anoyed with looking at small jobs for small dosh just about paying the bills at the mo

been pricing up loads of half day specials at 150/200 and finding theres not many takers?

dont now whats going on ?

if you call out a tree surgeon dont exspect to pay a gardeners wage. thats my way of thinking

i wonder if that guy with the volvo and a trailor is doing tree work for next to no money ?

anyone else in the same boat?:confused1::confused1:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can relate to that...

I priced a job on thursday to dismantle three dead pops which are all right next to a main road in the middle of a small town very close to a primary school.

Needs traffic control, chipper and 4 guys on site...

I put in a quote of £650 + VAT for the day and was told today that I'll not be getting the job as one of the other guys quoting has put in a price of £250!!

£250 for a days work for a full team, chipper, traffic, the works.... he's bloody welcome to it. I can not believe that somebdy would be prepared to work for that little... this has happened a couple of times now.

private work is dead...some of the figures i hear being talked about are shocking....not worth even trying to compete with!

i now add up all my insurances wages fuel etc and your left with nothing

just waiting for my DD's to bounce .

the stash of cash in reserve is fading fast oh sh*t

maybe i should be taking a leaf out of the pikey book eg cash only no insurance and fly tip the crap.

no no no its taken hard work to get to were i am and i will keep on fighting.:mad1:

There are a lot of desperate cowboys about at the moment. You have just got to bite the bullet and get on with it. Ride out this recession and you will be fine.

this may help,i sat down for 2, days & went thru all my out goings,chased insurance co for cheaper premiums went thru the fuel bill chased every thing down & saved £200 a month may not sound a lot but made a differance :001_smile::001_smile: