Jbm chippers

Johny Walker

Built like a Tank.Excellent quality,a bit heavy and expensive for the size.The weight is also high and the width of the machine is not really enough to stabilise them.I wrote one off.Moving it around by hand is difficult.

Also the chip velocity is pretty poor,might be alright chipping into a truck.However the chip quality is excellent.

The turntable is a handy feature.

The slanted feed tray means that little bits fall out,and they are slower to eat brush than comparable machines costing less.

I think you get better value for money with a Jensen.I have run both and own two Jensens

http://www.jbmwoodchippers.co.uk/521MDX.htm

Built like a Tank.Excellent quality,a bit heavy and expensive for the size.The weight is also high and the width of the machine is not really enough to stabilise them.I wrote one off.Moving it around by hand is difficult.

Also the chip velocity is pretty poor,might be alright chipping into a truck.However the chip quality is excellent.

The turntable is a handy feature.

The slanted feed tray means that little bits fall out,and they are slower to eat brush than comparable machines costing less.

I think you get better value for money with a Jensen.I have run both and own two Jensens

Richard Court Forestry Engineering

i have a jensen 530t but taking its toll on the truck chipper/trailer coming in @ 1750 kg cant find a jeny @ the right money this jbm seemed cheap !!!!

i have a jensen 530t but taking its toll on the truck chipper/trailer coming in @ 1750 kg cant find a jeny @ the right money this jbm seemed cheap !!!!

If its the one for sale on "Earborist" for 5K,then I agree,that is very cheap indeed!

At that price you are getting a very well built machine for the money,however you will be towing alot more Steel around than the normal weight of a 6" machine.

If its the one for sale on "Earborist" for 5K,then I agree,that is very cheap indeed!

At that price you are getting a very well built machine for the money,however you will be towing alot more Steel around than the normal weight of a 6" machine.

mike, any idea what they weigh

i think they weigh around 1100kg? possibly more? feel heavy, god theyre heavy, especially for only a 6inch machine. did like the option to adjust the roller speed on them. used the turntable maybe 1 in 50 jobs, but only a a luxuary really. used one alongside a timberwolf 150 for 5-6months, and given the choice i would always prefer the timberwolf, T/W threw the chip further by about 2-3M, lighter, easier to manhandle, changing the blades is simpler, as on the jbm, you have to re-set them each time as the blade gets shorter with each sharpen. seem to remember dealer back-up wasnt 100% either. tbh i wouldnt pay 5k for the one on e-arb

are these the chippers that were at the arb show i think it was yellow,one of the guys we spoke to said he made them,if its the one it was huge well built but a bit agricultural,not that, that matters providing it does the job.

that would have been gbt who were on the treeworker stand. apparently good machines.