vehicle sign writing

frank j

This is how I've done it - Signs Express at Harlow used reflective livery for all - looks great when picked up in headlights:ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422290341.386886.jpg.d3ec5c628dcc9297dc1afeb6005057b3.jpg

3M did research some years ago that proved on average a vehicle was seen by up to 2000 people per hour - so use it like an advertising hoarding - pay for it once. ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422290542.111037.jpg.48702b1ab4f6ad0e0cd561214a5b5c6d.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422290318.762682.jpg.4294b0ada4755945f42082ef03c03ee7.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1422290292.464690.jpg.9382b1334a3ca02c6a27d2ee7a36f030.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer proper vinyl lettering. I found magnetics damage the paint underneath and getting reflective stuff after a few years normally means a re spray.

I have sign written many trucks over the years can't remember actually getting a phone call from the signs possibly should my competitors where my jobs are.

You're right, I agree, but I still think it's a missed opportunity.

I think it's much more than a bit of drive by advertisement. The image of your company is raised, your customers will think you have a lot of pride in your work and your in the business long term.

The image of turning up in a plain white transit tipper to a new customer initially puts you in the same league as a Pik*y Here one day, gone the next!

I've noticed a trend with sign writing and age in all most trades, upto 50 your average self employed man has sign writing, chases the business etc. Above 50 and the next van change normally is unwritten and happy with the work they get in from steady customer base.

I think it's much more than a bit of drive by advertisement. The image of your company is raised, your customers will think you have a lot of pride in your work and your in the business long term.

The image of turning up in a plain white transit tipper to a new customer initially puts you in the same league as a Pik*y Here one day, gone the next!

I've noticed a trend with sign writing and age in all most trades, upto 50 your average self employed man has sign writing, chases the business etc. Above 50 and the next van change normally is unwritten and happy with the work they get in from steady customer base.

I'd agree with that. Not too many 50 yo arbs out there though, they all know better:001_cool:

Very smart. Although may I say... some of the busiest folk I know don't have sign writing.

Personally I've never been busier and I don't currently have it.

i see yer point.

I was subbing to a guy last year who slated udder Arb guys for having their vehicles sign written or having a particular trading/business name! He would not have his vehicles signed and advertising his services as he is totally paranoid that 'they' (thieves, p*keys etc) would see this and smash into his yard and steal his chipper and saws ! Mind you he is an oddball to say the least. :001_huh: